Anyone tried these 2mm thermals?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
At first glance this looks similar or identical to Andy's TPC124X-AI-S2, a little under $500.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have several cheap thermal cameras which perform similarly. They're fun but not super practical. For the still-very-high cost, I think most people would rather just get better cameras or AI accelerators and use AI to improve their alerts rather than a thermal cam.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you’re willing to bury cables out aways and had a solid inner peremiter of visible? For $400 bucks in the middle of nowhere with no light; I think it would be a force multiplier. If, big one, the ability to not get deer, wolves, cattle and such alarms vs 2 legged pests!

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have several cheap thermal cameras which perform similarly. They're fun but not super practical. For the still-very-high cost, I think most people would rather just get better cameras or AI accelerators and use AI to improve their alerts rather than a thermal cam.
Speaking of cheap, has anyone noticed dahua no longer sells the higher resolutions in thermal on this line?
Up until recently these were available for $415. The higher end one was double, same visible/IR lens but twice res on thermal.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At first glance this looks similar or identical to Andy's TPC124X-AI-S2, a little under $500.
It is. Between US, international (what you guys use) the model numbers are completely different. I’ve asked several times here if anyone has found a Rosetta Stone!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
.....or AI accelerators and use AI to improve their alerts rather than a thermal cam.
If the goal is to detect animals I'd disagree. With Dahua cameras you can't use IVS for detecting animals, and motion detection gives so many false alerts that the ones you want are lost in the noise. CPAI filters out some of the false alerts, but lets a lot of them through, often thinking that rocks, shrubs, and shadows are some kind of animal. Plus it's dismisses a lot of the animals as false alerts. If there isn't lighting in the camera's field, it won't trigger on anything in the dark anyway. I'd have a few of these cameras if they weren't so darn expensive.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
It is. Between US, international (what you guys use) the model numbers are completely different. I’ve asked several times here if anyone has found a Rosetta Stone!
What we are selling now is web5.0 and none plugin version, a special version compare to their website one, still old version and need plugin.