Best Value For Money Auto Tracking Dahua PTZ?

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
In continue to this wonderful thread,

Where I get much good info,
I want to ask and get your thoughts what's the best value for money PTZ Dahua camera with auto tracking?
I want to set some lines (area demarcation) for the camera then it's "scan" the area, when it's recognition human activity it's start to tracking on it, there is something like that?
I prefer that if already it's recognition human activity then I want to identify and not just for overview.
(Sure that will be other cameras to identify)

I don't want to invest some $1000 on it, so I try to find best value for money camera.
It will connect with POE

Regards.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By "scan" do you mean the PTZ moving around until it sees something and then tracking? If so that isnt the way it works. It needs to be stationary on a preset in order to start tracking. Plus if you have it always scanning or on patrol it will wear out in a few years.

This is the best one under $1k on the ideal MP/sensor ratio

See this thread that was asked with similar questions:

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
By "scan" do you mean the PTZ moving around until it sees something and then tracking? If so that isnt the way it works. It needs to be stationary on a preset in order to start tracking. Plus if you have it always scanning or on patrol it will wear out in a few years.

This is the best one under $1k on the ideal MP/sensor ratio

See this thread that was asked with similar questions:

Thanks for the quick reply,
What I mean is that the camera will "watch" for big area from point A to point B (not really move at this time - be static), then when it's recognize something it's start to do the magic (PTZ) and close more and more to the object and auto tracking it.

If we set the price below $500, there is something good in this area?

Regards.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This cam won't be nearly as good at night, but it may work for you IF you have plenty of light or can add additional IR illumination.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This cam won't be nearly as good at night, but it may work for you IF you have plenty of light or can add additional IR illumination.
Thanks for the reply,
If I don't to add some IR illumination or light, what are our options?
Yes, I sort of "hard" with my requests, but I prefer not the "trust" on the lights outside or street light, I prefer that the camera will have IR illumination itself.

And it's also OK to tell me that there isn't something below $500 that good :)

Regards.

Last edited: