Zones for different preset on same ptz?

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so.. can i have a camera... ptz preset 1.. motion are set.. ok.. If motion is detected, move camera to ptz preset 2 and have a different motion detection area.. when i use the edit zones,, and slect preset 1 and draw.. then select zone b for presset 2 they both appear on the same time.. when i go back into the edit zones, it shows live image instead of each preset... any thoughts? or do i just clone the camera 4 time??

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Right click the ptz camera live view. Then PTZ/Control:

Settings1.JPG

Edit presets... :

Settings2.JPG

Check mark "Override motion zones", and click the Edit button:

Settings3.JPG

Last edited:

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, and then if preset 1 gets triggered i can send the camera to preset 2.. if thats triggered i can send it to preset 3, and so fourth.. right?

Peter Myers

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can i use a DIO to tell the ptz to move to another preset.. it would seem this would be a fundamental feature for ptz cameras.

so i guess under the ptz control settings under the camera.. you have override of motion zones per perset.. ok thats is Great, but I would think they would have an option that if preset 1 motion gets triggered we send the camera to ptz 2.. and if ptz 2 get motion detected then move to preset 3, and so on and so fourth... is there any realism to this?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
See here: