XTU 2k video doorbell

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I picked this up for $87 hoping it would be perfect. However I'm seeing that max fps is 15, and also when scanning with onvif device manager there is a second user with admin rights that I cannot find anywhere in the app. I wonder if this is a backdoor of some sort.

Is anyone using one of these?

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I’m curious about this doorbell. How do you like it so far? Have you any experience with another DB to compare it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I never had a video doorbell, but have BI and a handful of cameras, most Wyze and 1 Amcrest.
I'm actually returning it.
Overall I would say that for the price $87 CAD, it's not bad, but for me it's not good enough due to a few things below
I hooked it up on a makeshift vertical piece of wood and placed it against the window at the front for a few days to "test".
I could not get any higher frame rate than 10, sometimes 11. This was strike 1 for me.
Running the ONVIF device manager, I found an administrator account embedded, once which did not appear on the app, nor could I remove/edit it. Strike 2
I contacted support about the admin account, they said there is no such thing, when clearly I saw it listed. Strike 3
Outside of turning ONVIF (v1.1) on and off in the app (android) no other features to control the camera settings was available anywhere (settings like frame rate, colours, etc)

I could answer any other specific questions too!

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I have the Uniden U-bell 2MP (Hik-Vision rebrand). I use it as a stand alone doorbell with no NVR/BI. Other than some playback issues with the app and IR light internal reflection, it has served me well. The phone notifications, app settings, and web GUI are clunky but the hardware is pretty good. I’d like a DB with a little higher resolution and better backlight WDR adjustment. Someday down the road I would like to add Blue Iris if I add more cameras to my property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk