WTB: Hikvision (LaView) NVR 4MP or better (no cameras needed)

Justins311

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anybody have a Hikvision/LaView NVR they want to upgrade or get rid of? I need a second NVR box (hdd or no, price dependent is fine) but don't need any more cameras.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody have a LaView NVR they want to upgrade or get rid of? I need a second NVR box (hdd or no, price dependent is fine) but don't need any more cameras.
Hi Justins311

LaView has used at least 3 OEMs - do you know which OEM you are looking for?
( i.e. Hikvision? Dahua? .. )

Justins311

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nobody has a compatible NVR for sale? Gonna wait a few more days before I buy new, just making sure :)

Justins311

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not sure - another thread said it was Dahua. How do I find out?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure - another thread said it was Dahua. How do I find out?
Hi Justin311

The LaView Saturn line is Dahua OEM... so I would check which kit you got from LaView.

Justins311

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mat200, how do I check? All I know is it is a LV-N9508Q8E 8 channel 4MP. Mfg's documentatoin is below but I can't find where it tells me if its a "saturn" or "dahua" or "hikvision" so I'm lost :(

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mat200, how do I check? All I know is it is a LV-N9508Q8E 8 channel 4MP. Mfg's documentatoin is below but I can't find where it tells me if its a "saturn" or "dahua" or "hikvision" so I'm lost :(

Hi @Justins311

you can look up the mac address and see which company it is registered to .
you can look at the GUI of the on screen display and see which NVR ( hikvision or dahua ) it matches...

Justins311

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
MAC address = 14.:2f:fd:0f:f4:dc

Registered to:
14:2F:FD
LT SECURITY INC
18738 SAN JOSE AVE
CITY OF INDUSTRY CA 91748
US

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can actually run LTS firmware right on these units. It doesnt need to be a la view branded unit either. Whats your budget? You can get a 16 channel for $300 new on ebay.

Justins311

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it superior to the LaView stuff? Its been adequate for me, I'm not a technophile when it comes to security. Just want a reliable system I don't have to dick with :)

bsocko

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it superior to the LaView stuff? Its been adequate for me, I'm not a technophile when it comes to security. Just want a reliable system I don't have to dick with :)
La View just rebrands the products. They make nothing. Their support really sucks. I would avoid them. If you are going to buy a new NVR you could pretty much buy any hikvision and it will work plug and play

Justins311

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No kidding! I've only used their support once years ago and was not impressed, you guys taught me everything to get me by.

Nice - I'll look for a new hikvision one if I can't find a good used deal. Cheers!

Justins311

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have no idea what used NVRs go for. I've only ever bought kits with 4-6 cams for 300 bucks +/- 100.