Windows 10 - Disk Not Ready with Run as a Service

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my computer. I was running Windows 7 previously so trying to get this computer up with the times. I remember when I originally setup BI on Win 7 I had a hard time getting BI to "Run as a Service" and record to my network drive. After reading the help file, I found out the recommended way to accomplish this is to have your windows user name and password match the credentials on your network drive. Once I figured that out it worked.

Yesterday I did an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Once that was all completed BI was working with the network drives on Windows 10. I didn't want to keep running BI from an upgraded Windows 10 as it would likely cause issues down the road.

Then, I did the fresh install of Windows 10, I followed the same steps, (i.e. user name and password is the same as the network drive), as I can go into the network drive and access the files without entering my credentials. I keep getting the Clip: Disk not ready error message. I even turned off the security settings on my network drive (no username or password needed), but BI still gives the same error.

If I turn off "Run as a Service" it starts recording. Any ideas on what I should try next?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the Services MMC, is the BI service set to run under the same username/password that you're logging on with? By default, Windows runs services under a generic coal system account (that wouldn't have access to your network drive). If you double-click on the BI service, you should see a Log On tab that will let you use a specific username and password.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the Services MMC, is the BI service set to run under the same username/password that you're logging on with? By default, Windows runs services under a generic coal system account (that wouldn't have access to your network drive). If you double-click on the BI service, you should see a Log On tab that will let you use a specific username and password.
Thank you! That did the trick!