Wich camera manufacturer provides SSH and or TELNET access ?

blacksail

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

We have wrote some software embeded in ip cameras. For the moment AXIS only (expensive for us and customers). We would like
to test our streaming software with some others cameras and we need ssh/telnet access for this to be done.

Is there a list of this manufacturers ? DLINK ? REOLINK ? some others ?

Thanks guys for your help.

Eric

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Vivotek are quite application friendly. You can (or certainly could) get easy access to upload your own ARM applications. Certainly scripting is do-able.

blacksail

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes it's true i use them also but AAC audio codec is not ready from few years in vivotek cameras for license problems and I need it for my streaming software. They only give g. 711 / 726 codecs with bad quality.
Thanks for your reply.
Eric

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's been a while since I poked around one but their system is mostly made up from off the shelf linux applications. I'm fairly sure they were using live55 or ffmpeg to stream, in which case build a new ARM binary supporting ACC and load it up onto the IPC?
Yes you've got an extra step to configure them when deploying, but no worse than an extra step in the setup process, after changing IP, before setting the lens.

That said if audio is really important to you, perhaps focusing on vendors with better audio chipsets ? Or those that support USB ports so you can hang a DAC off it ?

blacksail

n3wb
Reaction score
Elo. Yes AAC codec is the only codec I can use and like I said before most Chinese manufacturers don't give this for license problems ($$!).
I know quiet well vivotek systems : linux / uclibc.
I've ported some of my small software in old AAC versions : rtmp client which run at startup, test the outgoing bandwidth then catch the associated resolution and push the rtsp stream to one of my rtmp servers for live sport streaming events with scoreboard.
I need now to choice other products because axis are expensive and vivotek does not permits AAC.

Last edited: