Whats the best way (fastest and best Quality)

D0bby

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey

im using BI on my Server with an 970gtx. Deepstack is running in Docker and I got processing times ~30ms.

My main problem atm is a fast traveling motion over my Camera - my test cam is over my stairwell and when I run, Deepstack doesn't notice me. Because the pictures come too slowly.

Are you using the BI Intigration or AItool?

Greetings

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or is it missing you because it is on default settings and you look like a ghost when running by instead of a person?

Which version BI do you have?

What camera make and model?

Under BI camera status what are the FPS/KEY numbers?

Does BI catch the motion? A video of snapshot would help to assess the issue.

D0bby

n3wb
Reaction score
btw - my setup is a dual Stream / HD for perm. Recording / SD for trigger

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The 0.4 Key is likely your problem with that tight of a field of view for DS with BI.

Go into the camera gui and make the FPS and iframes match, so in your case both should be 20, that will make your KEY 1.00 and you will stand a chance of catching it. BI developer has stated in the Help File that a KEY less than 0.5 is problematic with DeepStack.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For BI with DeepStack, it works off the nearest iframe image to start. So with a KEY of 1.00, it is pulling an iframe image to the closest second. It should have the object in that time except for crazy tight field of views.

With a KEY of 0.4, it is pulling an iframe every 2.5 seconds, so on a tighter field of view, a fast moving object could be out of the camera view in that amount of time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Comes down to personal preference and your tech ability.

Those that have been using AI Tools tend to prefer that due to the ability to really customize it down to a granular level. But it does take some tech knowledge in setting that up.

BI Integration is more for the casual user/non-techie that wants a simple way to improve eliminating false triggers. For a lot of people, this will be sufficient.

BI is including more fine tuning with every update, so at some point it may get to a level closer to AI Tools.