What settings to assist with bright sunlight

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I have a camera setup under a patio, I am currently working on motion detect only, and I have many files being recorded, when analysed a few are genuine, but here is the issue.. I live in Australia and it's pretty sunny over here, and it now seems clear that the camera is being affected by the changes in the amount of brightness that occurs, when the rare clouds come over, the unit sees the change and does a recording.
I am trying to work through what I can change, I have the Sensitivity set to 60 under basic, but if I select Expert (!ha) it is 50 and the percentage is 0

Any help or pointers appreciated

DS-2CD2332

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a major issue in many camera's motion detect function you may not be able to fix that 100% can you post a picture of the view field ?

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
from where may the sun shine ? top ? right side ? anyway I also have some camera based on motion detection and also have same issue (never fixed) so I developped my own "quick alert video reviewer" software that play all files in a folder (or multiple folders) automatically at x10 time speed (can change the speed with "s" key and replay the video to double check) and once video has been played I can double press the "d" key to delete it or go to next video with right arrow, I can review hundreds of videos very fast this way (keyboard is so much faster than mouse).

But anyway the only thing I did for is to reduce the detection zone but this is not magic solution and with your "bright" slabs it is worse.

You can also do 24/24 recording but this will not fix the problem of false alerts that will appear on the timeline.

Also some intelligent motion detection schemes can detect shapes or react when some lines has been crossed in a specific order within specific timing, may be you camera can do it.

You may also use external detection sensor like IR/lazer fence with network communication capabilities so it can trigger a record in the camera.

Last edited:

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
image is now with the spots highlighted, midday was sun at the highest today, so you can see the power

All these spots are where any potential movement would take place :(

Attachments

Last edited:

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
May be you could create a smaller detection zone like the green square if not too small ? or you may also change the position / view field of the camera.

Do you want to check only the entrance ? is it the bottom right circle ?

upload_2017-1-23_12-19-22.png