What is this red line in the Motion Trigger window preview?

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's a graphical representation of the "Object Travels" setting under the Object Detection window. The larger the number, the longer the line. It's a nifty way to show you how the setting translates to how far an object has to travel in the image to trigger motion.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's a graphical representation of the "Object Travels" setting under the Object Detection window. The larger the number, the longer the line. It's a nifty way to show you how the setting translates to how far an object has to travel in the image to trigger motion.
Thanks for the reply! Very useful now that I know what it is.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya learn something new everyday around here! thanx.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ya learn something new everyday around here! thanx.
It had me confused for a while when it first appeared, then I did some poking around in the motion settings and figured it out. I can't find any mention of it in the Help file, although the screen shot in the Help file shows the red bar. I guess Ken hasn't gotten around to updating that bit yet.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
I suppose there is more need for such a graphical representation, now that many users are reconfiguring their motion settings for the new substream schema (processing smaller image)...