What is the best client to use on ovpn android phone?

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks to the vpn for newbies (thanks Nayr) and Randy's Asus routers (thanks Randy). I now have ovpn working on my android phone. Now I have heard something about UI3 but have no idea about setting this up so I can view my BI cameras. BTW I have BI setup to view on my internet (Lan) devices, and now ready to take the next step, I think.

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks to the vpn for newbies (thanks Nayr) and Randy's Asus routers (thanks Randy). I now have ovpn working on my android phone. Now I have heard something about UI3 but have no idea about setting this up so I can view my BI cameras. BTW I have BI setup to view on my internet (Lan) devices, and now ready to take the next step, I think.

Thanks
The BI mobile app is better in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, UI3 is great on a pc.

Snotrocket

n3wb
Reaction score
I like the UI3 better than the app.

Once you get it setup email yourself a link to the static webpage and save it as a bookmark.

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Looney.
Snotrocket, will this work with a VPN?
Ok, I was and still might be trying to get a BlueIris that I found on Google Play to work. It is called Blue Iris Wigget. But it keeps throwing me a "Not Connected" message. I am not sure of a couple of settings, so I am going to contact the author of the program. Was trying to save a few bucks, 4 bucks versus 10 bucks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Looney.
Snotrocket, will this work with a VPN?
Ok, I was and still might be trying to get a BlueIris that I found on Google Play to work. It is called Blue Iris Wigget. But it keeps throwing me a "Not Connected" message. I am not sure of a couple of settings, so I am going to contact the author of the program. Was trying to save a few bucks, 4 bucks versus 10 bucks.
the blue iris widget is a crap third party app with a couple of users....why are you wasting your time with that crap...the official app is 10 dollars...you'll survive...every app or web client will work over vpn..

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
fenderman, ya an idiot is born ever few minutes. And damn if I wasnt born during one of those minutes. Looks like I am going to spend that ten dollars. Does that lic cover the whole house (several phones) or just one? While I got your ear for a minute, if I may? What can I use on a laptop? This UI3?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
fenderman, ya an idiot is born ever few minutes. And damn if I wasnt born during one of those minutes. Looks like I am going to spend that ten dollars. Does that lic cover the whole house (several phones) or just one? While I got your ear for a minute, if I may? What can I use on a laptop? This UI3?
its per device but apple has family sharing Family Sharing
honestly 10 bux is nothing in the vms arena...
yes you can use ui3 its excellent.