What brand cameras are people using in Government buildings since NDAA?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What brand/brands cameras are people using in government buildings since the National Defense Authorization Act banned Dahua and Hikvision?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
What brand/brands cameras are people using in government buildings since the National Defense Authorization Act banned Dahua and Hikvision?
We’ve never used second tier hardware in any federal installation. So our primary brands are Axis, Avigilon, Bosch, Mobotix, and way back in the day Pelco. I believe if the industry wasn’t so uptight and fixed bids weren’t so prevalent.

Companies like Axis would have been forced to offer more value and performance. Axis makes great hardware but they surely don’t lead in offering 2020 features that are present in Dahua / Hikvision.

The fact a 2MP camera costs hundreds of dollars in 2020 while offering a quarter of the features of a Hikvision camera is truly pathetic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
We’ve never used second tier hardware in any federal installation. So our primary brands are Axis, Avigilon, Bosch, Mobotix, and way back in the day Pelco. I believe if the industry wasn’t so uptight and fixed bids weren’t so prevalent.

Companies like Axis would have been forced to offer more value and performance. Axis makes great hardware but they surely don’t lead in offering 2020 features that are present in Dahua / Hikvision.

The fact a 2MP camera costs hundreds of dollars in 2020 while offering a quarter of the features of a Hikvision camera is truly pathetic!

Out of curiosity where do you source Axis or Bosch from? I am guessing Amazon is not a safe choice. We are being forced to swap out our Dahua domes due to being a contractor to a government organization.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
ADI Global
Yes, ADI global . . .

Others come direct from the maker given these are multi million dollar contracts with the government. All of the level 4 and above sites have on call Sudden Service which specify two hour SLA for trouble shooting.

24 hour next day replacement for hardware if needed which includes weekends. Assuming the four standby on hand replacement have been used.

Any of the cameras within the high containment facilities are simply incinerated after removal.

No way to reliably decontaminate a camera while insuring nobody will get infected.

Any explosion proof camera that has the side casing twerked is simply replaced. No way to guarantee how long the camera will operate. Plus, nobody wants to go through 12 hours paperwork, decon, and crawling on their belly.

Swap & Go - So you can see the hoes