What are the latest Dahua PTZ models to look into?

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
We are looking into maybe getting a PTZ with auto tracking feature and good night vision. What are the latest PTZ model to look into?

We use Dahua DVR 52XX and do anyone know if that have a spot camera feature where if other camera spot motion then it will force PTZ to turn into that direction of the spotter camera and start tracking or is that a BI feature only?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
These are still the "gold" standards, and yes that NVR has the spotter camera feature.

Here is a thread on how to set up spotter cameras in BI or an NVR:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
These are still the "gold" standards, and yes that NVR has the spotter camera feature.

I saw that thread .. I thought it was for BI. .. I will read it .. Thank you!

Bill

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score

I thought i read somewhere that the lesser PTZ model SD49425XB had its' auto tracking disabled on latest firmware and the link on Amazon shows it have Auto Tracking feature ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought i read somewhere that the lesser PTZ model SD49425XB had its' auto tracking disabled on latest firmware?
That is true, but if you buy from Andy he is the only one that still has autotracking and then DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE or you will lose autotracking.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
That is true, but if you buy from Andy he is the only one that still has autotracking and then DO NOT UPDATE THE FIRMWARE or you will lose autotracking.
That make sense .. but the SD5A425XA model still retains it's auto tracking feature even with latest firmware correct?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct. Only the 49225 and 49425 loses autotracking with an update.

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of this PTZ as one of the best night performers out there. All of my PTZ's operate in zero man made light environment on a very large plot of ground to cover. I wish I had one with a 4/3 sensor but that's not available presently, although one of the drones we operate here has a 4/3 sensor and it does great in low light.

1669824523406.png

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of this PTZ as one of the best night performers out there. All of my PTZ's operate in zero man made light environment on a very large plot of ground to cover. I wish I had one with a 4/3 sensor but that's not available presently, although one of the drones we operate here has a 4/3 sensor and it does great in low light.

View attachment 146913

I am sure everyone in here is a fan of that PTZ but it probably one of those 1,000+ dollars unit where it's out of our reach> :p

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

View attachment 146913
I dont even see that on the Dahua website?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had family visit on Thanksgiving that I recruited to help me dial the camera in a bit, the below video is there first pass starting at 300+ feet away from the camera. The only man made light is from her flashlight and the spotter cam behind her. I did some camera settings adjustments and additional testing at 500+ feet away but the car license plates are in the video so I will have to record again when it warms up some.
View attachment 192.168.1.108_ch8_20221125205532_20221125205600.mp4

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I had family visit on Thanksgiving that I recruited to help me dial the camera in a bit, the below video is there first pass starting at 300+ feet away from the camera. The only man made light is from her flashlight and the spotter cam behind her. I did some camera settings adjustments and additional testing at 500+ feet away but the car license plates are in the video so I will have to record again when it warms up some.
This is the video of SD8C845FG-HNF during nightime?

Captain_B

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes it was night, heavy clouds and no moonlight. Not sure color would work without man made light, only running IR lights, although it has white light capabilities onboard as seen below.

1669851275982.png