What app does Hikvision use for remote viewing?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am a dahua guy but I need to help someone out that has a hikvision system. Is Hik-connect the app to use for p2p connection via barcode? I also see people mention iVMS-4500 HD so I wasn't sure what one was there newest software.
PS the reason for the p2p is they seem to be having a double nat issue or something as they are not able to view cameras from their local network.

Reaction score
iVMS-4500 is depreciated. Use either Guarding Vision, or Hik-Connect. They are mutually exclusive, and you set up either one or the other in the NVR or camera configuration under Network, Advanced Settings, Platform Access. You should set up the account first, then once the camera or NVR is done, link it to the account.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
iVMS-4500 is depreciated. Use either Guarding Vision, or Hik-Connect. They are mutually exclusive, and you set up either one or the other in the NVR or camera configuration under Network, Advanced Settings, Platform Access. You should set up the account first, then once the camera or NVR is done, link it to the account.
Thanks, I guess he's using ivms-4500 I will switch him over to the hik-connect.