Welcome

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
Welcome to IP Cam Talk, a forum where everyone is welcome to discuss security cameras and their related hardware as well as home automation and security. This forum is founded on a single principle, that is, this is a space for the free exchange of ideas, experiences and opinions relating to the aforementioned subject matters. There will be no censoring or needless bans because a moderator or forum admin disagrees with your view or opinion.

We are open to new ideas and suggestions. We encourage you to offer insight on how to improve the forum. We hope you enjoy your visit here.

Best regards,

Fenderman

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking forward to a relaxed, laid back and censor free environment :D

I HIGHLY suggest that you read the FAQ's. It has useful information on posting, messaging and more.

DANSS

n3wb
Reaction score
Many, Many thanks to Fenderman for setting up my Sricam for iphone and computer. Without his help it would be in the trash!! He and this site ROCKS!!!!

Reaction score
Hello,
Welcome to IP Cam Talk, a forum where everyone is welcome to discuss security cameras and their related hardware as well as home automation and security. This forum is founded on a single principle, that is, this is a space for the free exchange of ideas, experiences and opinions relating to the aforementioned subject matters. There will be no censoring or needless bans because a moderator or forum admin disagrees with your view or opinion.

We are open to new ideas and suggestions. We encourage you to offer insight on how to improve the forum. We hope you enjoy your visit here.

Best regards,

Fenderman
hey Fenderman--- what software is used for the forum? I was on a hunting & firearms forum recently and I'm pretty sure it uses the same forum software. Back in the day, I had done phpBB forums, and a few SMF forums, as well as VBulletin before it became a paid-only product. This software seems to work Great-- what is it??

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hey Fenderman--- what software is used for the forum? I was on a hunting & firearms forum recently and I'm pretty sure it uses the same forum software. Back in the day, I had done phpBB forums, and a few SMF forums, as well as VBulletin before it became a paid-only product. This software seems to work Great-- what is it??
XenForo. It works great because @Mike does lots of work in the background to maintain it.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm on another forum which uses this same XenForo software. There is a live chat feature as well.

TheLAD

n3wb
Reaction score
is it possible to print a whole thread? it would make it easier to read through a long one.

Savage9800

n3wb
Reaction score
Need some help with remote access. I have Blue Iris 5 and on my iphone the app. When I go on my app onsite it uses the network but when I leave the location I get the msg unable to connect check server address. Had this problem before and all I did was reboot the computer. So the msg is Unable to make connection; check server address. Does that mean its a setting in the Blue Iris software or I need to change a setting. When I type in the in license key first 5 last 5 look up key it auto populates. the port that shows on phone app is what I have set on my software on the computer. I feel it can't get through maybe because of a router setting or maybe the firewall. but again was working fine and yes I have a static ip. Please advise

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Need some help with remote access. I have Blue Iris 5 and on my iphone the app. When I go on my app onsite it uses the network but when I leave the location I get the msg unable to connect check server address. Had this problem before and all I did was reboot the computer. So the msg is Unable to make connection; check server address. Does that mean its a setting in the Blue Iris software or I need to change a setting. When I type in the in license key first 5 last 5 look up key it auto populates. the port that shows on phone app is what I have set on my software on the computer. I feel it can't get through maybe because of a router setting or maybe the firewall. but again was working fine and yes I have a static ip. Please advise
Create a new thread that is not confused with this topic of welcoming new users please.