Weird problem

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have Blue Iris installed on 2 BI laptop servers at 2 different locations. On my 3rd laptop, I can type the Http:/ address into Microsoft Edge and I can get into location 1 user interface, but I cant get into location 2. When I try to get into location 2, I get an error . On my phone, I can type both address into Chrome or Dolphin and no issues (over both 4G and LAN).

Hmmm… can't reach this page
108.211.xx.xxx refused to connect.

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
do you have the port specified. for me to connect, i need to enter the IP address ad port. My port is 8081, i believe the default is 81.

What type of internet is at both locations, type of connections, cable modem, DSL modem, wireless (4G) modem.....

verify the ip address, doer it have the correct info IP Address Geolocation Lookup Demo | IP2Location

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK, I just checked this again. On my phone (using a browser) when Im on 4G cellular and type in the 108.211.xx.xxx: 81 I get the UI. But on the phone (Using a browser), when I switch to being on the LAN 5G to my router and type in the 108.211.xx.xxx:81 I cant connect. On my laptop, if I use the LAN address: I can get access. But I cant get access using the 108.211.xx.xx:81. On my phone, using the Bue Iris Android app v 2.0.71, no problems connecting using cellular or on LAN.

Yes Im using the 81 port

At the location Im having trouble with, its AT&T modem (fiber) going to Asus router. 1 Terabyte up and 1 Terabyte down.
I verified the IP address

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When on the LAN is the BI machine on the same LAN ? use the local address.
on a different lan then you may be blocking in the router, forwarding set correctly.
Are you using a VPN setup on the asus router ?

=========================
Private ip addresses. Local IP addresses. These addresses are NOT used by the internet. They are for your local home/business network.
10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

Note there is no reason to redact local ip addresses when posting.
===========================

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The BI Machine is on the same LAN as my laptop. We are in the same house. But I travel with my laptop and was hoping to just have I shortcut.
so why doesnt the WAN address work on the laptop?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
not sure how the router is setup. When you connect to the router, how does it known to connect to the BI web server ? how is forwarding set up ?

I have openVPN on my asus router. For security reasons i always connect the VPN first, then connect using the local address