Web browser need for linux

Reaction score
It's been a while, I have made some changes. First, I moved my SD49425XB-HNR. Doing so I lost the auto track. I also moved to Linux on my pc. What browser do I need to use to make changes to camera? I can't get Alarm Track time to stick! I make a change, refresh it changes back. I believe I had this problem before, it was the browser. I booted windoze and still could not make the change stick. Also tried every browser I could download in Linux. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That camera needs to be set up in Internet Explorer. Not Edge or Chrome with IE tab, plain Ole IE.

Any other browser will cause what you are experiencing.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I tried that when I booted windoze, but it started edge. Guess I'll have to figure that out too.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can try installing the plugin, I have a VM Windows 10 box which is used for this type of shit whereby I need to install dodgy plugins to get things working.
Type in the IP address in Edge (remember to switch Edge to IE mode) so for example type in 192.168.1.108/webplugin.exe it will download the plugin which you will need to install and accept the shit / allow its asking you for. Remember it will only work with Edge running in IE mode or you will not get the "Allow prompts"

Reaction score
You can try installing the plugin, I have a VM Windows 10 box which is used for this type of shit whereby I need to install dodgy plugins to get things working.
Type in the IP address in Edge (remember to switch Edge to IE mode) so for example type in 192.168.1.108/webplugin.exe it will download the plugin which you will need to install and accept the shit / allow its asking you for. Remember it will only work with Edge running in IE mode or you will not get the "Allow prompts"
Thank you I'll give that a shot

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI This works fine

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
When you get Pale Moon you want the 32 bit or x86 version. Not 64 bit. Also I don't know of anyone trying it on Linux so it is most likely it won't be helpful, as Pale Moon's real benefit is that it can still load the old browser plugins that were developed 10+ years ago for Windows.

Reaction score
When you get Pale Moon you want the 32 bit or x86 version. Not 64 bit. Also I don't know of anyone trying it on Linux so it is most likely it won't be helpful, as Pale Moon's real benefit is that it can still load the old browser plugins that were developed 10+ years ago for Windows.
64bit runs fine. I'll try 32

Reaction score
Looks like it's a nogo on the config for SD49425XB-HNR. Pale moon 32 bit, I'm running 64 bit linux. Edge will show the change, but it's not really there. The camera does not do what it's told, all other browser's show default.I run the plugin, but it seems not to install. It does download it. IE mode.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you sure when you tried Internet Explorer that it was actually IE and not the ole switch-a-roo to Edge.

As I mentioned, if you want the track make time to be anything other than 15 seconds, it needs to be Explorer, not any other browser with IE compatibility non-sense.

Reaction score
Are you sure when you tried Internet Explorer that it was actually IE and not the ole switch-a-roo to Edge.

As I mentioned, if you want the track make time to be anything other than 15 seconds, it needs to be Explorer, not any other browser with IE compatibility non-sense.
When I choose IE, it will start Edge! Nothing I can do about it. The problem is the 15 seconds!

Thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When I choose IE, it will start Edge! Nothing I can do about it. The problem is the 15 seconds!

Thanks
No there are things you can do about it...

There are ways to get Explorer again.

The simple way is to change the BHO folder to another name...and this thread also shows other ways...

Or keep fighting it with other browsers as you have been for 6 days LOL. I mentioned less than an hour after your original post you needed Explorer...you said you tried IE but now we find out you didn't. Telling us it went straight to Edge would have saved days of frustration lol. But with less than 30 seconds to change the BHO folder to OldBHO or something you will gain access to Explorer and can change the track time off 15 seconds....

Last edited: