We Are Safe From Log4j

Reaction score
We Are Safe From Log4j

In light of the recently published Log4j vulnerabilities (and the large number of emails we have received on this topic!), we have verified and confirmed that none of our products are using the Log4j software. We are therefore not affected by this vulnerability.

At this point, no customer action is required. We will continue to monitor for possible vulnerabilities and will alert any significant vulnerabilities via this website and forum.

The post We Are Safe From Log4j appeared first on Blue Iris Software.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We Are Safe From Log4j

In light of the recently published Log4j vulnerabilities (and the large number of emails we have received on this topic!), we have verified and confirmed that none of our products are using the Log4j software. We are therefore not affected by this vulnerability.

At this point, no customer action is required. We will continue to monitor for possible vulnerabilities and will alert any significant vulnerabilities via this website and forum.

The post We Are Safe From Log4j appeared first on Blue Iris Software.
This doesn't mean everyone is safe though.
I've heard it can affect almost any computer system.
So though BI doesn't house the exploit, other programs on our system can.
I'm just hearing more of this. If anyone has more details, please do share here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This doesn't mean everyone is safe though.
I've heard it can affect almost any computer system.
So though BI doesn't house the exploit, other programs on our system can.
I'm just hearing more of this. If anyone has more details, please do share here.
The bot post is simply confirming that BI does not have this vulnerability. No need to panic like with the covid flu. Most of these vulnerabilities occur in enterprise devices/software solutions and the device must be internet facing. Here is a list.
Even if BI had this vulnerability, if you took proper precautions and didnt port forward you would not be vulnerable.
Also another reason not to load crap on your blue iris PC.