Wansview NCB541w setup issues?

RileyBrown

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Wansview NCB541w indoor IP Cam. Been in a box for a while, but it's back out and I want to use it again. I've got it plugged into the router and working, but I need to change the wifi setup and I can't find the setup app anywhere.
Mobdro
When connected it is supposed to give me a link to download the ocx but that isn't a link anymore and I can't find that on the web anywhere.
The Download link is now just text.

It is supposed to download DVM_IPCam2.exe (or ocx, not sure which) but it doesn't.

Does anyone have a copy I can DL or know where I can get one?

Alternatively, is there another app that I an change the wifi credentials VidMatewith?

Thanks.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should not need an app unless it's a cloud-only camera wherein you scan a QR code and it's set to P2P mode by the app; it might have an embedded webGUI that you can log into.

Since you said it is plugged into your router, and hopefully is set for DHCP, you might be able to log into the router's webGUI using the router's default / gateway IP and examine the LAN / DHCP section to see what IP it assigned to the camera.

Once that is discovered, you might be able to use that IP to log into the cam's webGUI and poke around, looking for the network settings that will allow you to get onto Wi-Fi.

If that cam's HTTP port is not the usual "80", get back to us; you might be able to locate that HTTP port number using a free app on your smartphone; that app's sole purpose is to scan your network and locate IP's and open ports on devices.