Wall mounting IPC-T2831T-ZS

oobedoobe

n3wb
Reaction score
Morning All!
I'm looking at adding a IPC-T2831T-ZS on the outside of my house using a wall mount bracket like the PFB203W. Read the awesome review looney2ns did on the camera and I think it will give me what I need.
The main use case is to see if the cat is outside waiting to come in and see when kids come home.
I do not have a overhang or soffit on this side. It does not get direct wind with the direction my house sits on the lot. It does not receive much direct sunlight.
This is my first time mounting a outside cam and wanted to ask if there is anything major I am missing, It would be attached to siding, so I am thinking a mounting block would help give a nice stable surface to mount off of and a little more protected space to place the connectors in. I know it's an older model and the part of the light series for starlight but should work well since there is also a light on the side of the house that is on dusk till dawn. The red dot is where I am thinking of placing the camera. Any suggestions/comments/hey that's not the best camera/mounting spot for this use case are welcome and appreciated!

Side.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It would be attached to siding, so I am thinking a mounting block would help give a nice stable surface to mount off of and a little more protected space to place the connectors in.
There's room to protect the pigtail inside that PFB203W wall mount. Be sure to test then waterproof the connection before tucking into the mount as here.

Lastly, perhaps this is the type of mounting block you mentioned; as you probably know there are different sizes, shapes and colors at HD, Lowes and amazon to suit your need.

siding-mount-block.jpg siding-mount-block2.jpg

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

oobedoobe

n3wb
Reaction score
Lower is always better, but to monitor you cat probably ok.
Thanks! If I can get a cable to run down the wall I should be able to drop lower, just have to see where I can get in the eave that is there to come down from.