VTO2000A new V4 firmware

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Found a new SIP firmware with english sounds for the VTO2000A. Some major changes were made, so they call it V4 now (General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V4.000.0000000.1.R.20180606).

You can download it from here:Коментарии и оценки
I installed it without any problems using VDPconfig from the toolbox via port 37777.

First tests are promising, everything working on v3.3 SIP fw seems to work on V4 as well.
Dahua introduced the new webinterface 2.0, just like they did for the VTH devices. It feels smarter and a bit faster compared to the old webif 1.0.

Here are some changes, that I noticed after a quick test:
  • there is a "Leafe Message upload" for FTP server now, did not yet test it
  • some new resolution settings for the video streams (e.g. CIF for substream)
  • some sounds can be de-acticated, so you don't have to listen at the bloody chinese-english sounds
  • new menu for RS485 devices (Lift Control). You can set baudrates and protocols
Find attached some impressions.
Anhänge:

Attachments

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
Is the firmware coming with multi language support ?

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any way to get latest with multi language support ?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@dana2: VDPconfig will not allow you to upload a wrong firmware. Off course, a little risk is always there when you upgrade a device's firmware.
Anyhow you can unbrick your device - pls. read the other threads regarding dahua unbricking.

@0blar: No idea. Ask your dealer regarding firmware versions. But I know, it's pretty impossible to get anything from dahua...

DReffects

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I own a VTO2000a and serveral 7 inch vth1550ch indoor displays. You've mentioned updates for the VTH devices. Can you point me into the right direction? Are the sounds customizeable with the new firmware? I'd need something in german ;-)

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks a lot
Unfortunately no french/italian/Spanish language firmware

Bye the way, the file indicate wrong address
i use : https://share.dahuasecurity.com/ with same credential on file
-> 04 Product Firmware -> Intelligent Building

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@riogrande75 I am running trixbox at home (asterisk 1.8) - which one of these firmwares is the latest, and that would work with my setup? If you know, of course.

dana2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@riogrande75 One last question, if you know, does the firmware has some sort of checksum? I can see that the posted files are ".bin" files, theoretically they may get corrupted while downloading. Basically, would VDPConfig download onto the device corrupted firmware?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I own a VTO2000a and serveral 7 inch vth1550ch indoor displays. You've mentioned updates for the VTH devices. Can you point me into the right direction? Are the sounds customizeable with the new firmware? I'd need something in german ;-)
I did find a multi-language firmware for the VTH in my queeste when I was looking for a decent VTH update (to be able to add my IPC screens into the VTH itself): I can share General_VTH151X_EngPolFinHgrBulSvnCzechSlovak_P_V4.000.1026000.0.R.20180209.zip with you, but, like you see, no German either.

If you want to know how to update the VTH: see this post on how I did it.

Good luck!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@riogrande75 One last question, if you know, does the firmware has some sort of checksum? I can see that the posted files are ".bin" files, theoretically they may get corrupted while downloading. Basically, would VDPConfig download onto the device corrupted firmware?
If you press the "browse" button in VDPConfig, and you feed it a "wrong" .bin file, it already complaints before you can press the "upgrade" button. If I remember correctly, it stated: "invalid firmware file".