Video Of Car Door Checkers Walking By My House

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What happened is these two are coming down my street checking houses and car doors to see what they can rob. It just so happens that my neighbor 3 doors down left his garage door open and the woman made a bee line for his garage and rumaged through it to see what see could steal. That part is on another video. First camera is a Dahua 5442-Z focused on my cars and my sidewalk. 2nd part of the video is my PTZ, a Dahua DH-SD5A425XA-HNR . It is not bad but if probably could use some fine tuning by one of the website experts. Anyways he goes back to get the car and that is where the license place shot comes from. It just so happens that this same night a car one street up is broken into and his wallet among other things is stolen. IMHO this occured right after this incident. By the way his credit card was used at a Carl's Jr., a Standard gas station on an online order from Walmart. The 2nd video runs for 10 minutes and I will not upload it at this time. By the way what nationality would you say the man is?

Video at Link: Car Door Checkers And Robbers - YouTube

Nate 5F 2F_Moment C.jpg

Nate Licence Plate A_Moment.jpg

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This shows the importance of having the right cameras that are optically zoomed, or a tracking PTZ, to get clear captures.

And a camera set up to read plates should be a must have in any system!

Given the state you live in, doubt the police will do anything...

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
This shows the importance of having the right cameras that are optically zoomed, or a tracking PTZ, to get clear captures.

And a camera set up to read plates should be a must have in any system!

Given the state you live in, doubt the police will do anything...
I posted it on Nextdoor Neighbors and it is getting a lot of action including people saying that they will alert the police to the video. I gave all this information to my neighbor whose garage was rummaged through. I do not know what he did with it.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
A little update. When I started looking at the video it was for my neighbor who's garage was gone through. The first I saw of the culprits way down the street working their way towards by house and the victims garage. I figured by 1:30 am I had all the information that I needed. Then the post made on Nextdoor of the guys car being broke into and his wallet stolen changed things. I have now gone through the video until 5am. The car has made a few more appearances including the street where the wallet was stolen along with the woman walking. The last time I see the car it is leaving the tract at 4:15am with both people inside. That means they were in the tract for 3.5 hours that I know of. So tomorrow I will do some more editing. By the way the 4K cameras are great. ;)