Video clip length

lola2001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I have a Lorex N842A8 with 8 cameras. The firmware is up to date.

When watching a playback I used to be able to hit the scissors to start where I wanted to clip the video for export. Then hit the scissors again at the stop time. The export box would automatically pop up and download the video. Now, whenever I try this I automatically get 1 hour of video, no matter how much time I choose. I usually only need a few minutes, not an hour. It starts where I hit the start time and auto goes to 1 hour later.

I called Lorex and they really don't know the answer. I'm using the PC cloud client software. I installed it on another computer and it did the same exact thing. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.

fearfair

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, here we are in 2022 and the Mac version of Lorex Cloud still does the same thing.. I had just googled and found your post.

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Lorex N842A8 with 8 cameras. The firmware is up to date.

When watching a playback I used to be able to hit the scissors to start where I wanted to clip the video for export. Then hit the scissors again at the stop time. The export box would automatically pop up and download the video. Now, whenever I try this I automatically get 1 hour of video, no matter how much time I choose. I usually only need a few minutes, not an hour. It starts where I hit the start time and auto goes to 1 hour later.

I called Lorex and they really don't know the answer. I'm using the PC cloud client software. I installed it on another computer and it did the same exact thing. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks in advance.
You can hit the clip (scissor) icon and it should give you two red lines. If you zoom in on a red line on the timeline by scroll wheeling on it, you can see the red lines have thicker red handles. Try and click and drag it, you should be able to adjust the duration that way.
By the default, it's 1 hour duration, so you might have to zoom out to see the end duration red lines if you used the search function and specified a time.
It should give you two lines for start and end which you can drag to your desired duration using those handles and once your happy with the duration you click the clip icon again to download. I hope this make helps... and makes sense. It took me awhile to figure.

Reaction score
Well, here we are in 2022 and the Mac version of Lorex Cloud still does the same thing.. I had just googled and found your post.
You can hit the clip (scissor) icon and it should give you two red lines. If you zoom in on a red line on the timeline by scroll wheeling on it, you can see the red lines have thicker red handles. Try and click and drag it, you should be able to adjust the duration that way.
By the default, it's 1 hour duration, so you might have to zoom out to see the end duration red lines if you used the search function and specified a time.
It should give you two lines for start and end which you can drag to your desired duration using those handles and once your happy with the duration you click the clip icon again to download. I hope this make helps... and makes sense. It took me awhile to figure.