Version 4 update

Reaction score
4.0.0.6 is up which corrects several bugs. *There are still sporadic reports of a crash with double-click clip opening which may be corrected but it has yet been irreproducible on this end.
The post Version 4 update appeared first on Blue Iris.

Reaction score
Installed update first on V4 32 bit which seemed to work fine with limited testing. Uninstalled 32 bit and installed V4 64 bit. The update worked fine and now up on 4.0.0.6. My first attempt to "double-click" on a clip resulted in a BI crash as before. I restarted BI and now it seems to handle the "double-click" on clips fine. So far it looks pretty good. I will continue to test. BTW all users need to make sure that the Webserver points to c:/Program Files/BlueIris 4/www instead of c:/Program Files (x86)/BlueIris 3/www.

Bob

Reaction score
There seems to be a problem with the Webserver. I tried Firefox, IE, and Chrome. None of the browsers would play clips. All of the browsers would display the live camera view. All were real slow loading the Clips and when they finally loaded they would not play, just a blank screen in Firefox and Chrome. IE had a blue screen with "Connecting". I also tested the "double-click" from the console and it will crash BI about 50% of the time. A right-click "view" works ok.

Bob

mighty3507

n3wb
Reaction score
Installed update first on V4 32 bit which seemed to work fine with limited testing. Uninstalled 32 bit and installed V4 64 bit. The update worked fine and now up on 4.0.0.6. My first attempt to "double-click" on a clip resulted in a BI crash as before. I restarted BI and now it seems to handle the "double-click" on clips fine. So far it looks pretty good. I will continue to test. BTW all users need to make sure that the Webserver points to c:/Program Files/BlueIris 4/www instead of c:/Program Files (x86)/BlueIris 3/www.

Bob

I have installed the v4 64bit version and from the start I have had the crash on double-click issue. I updated to 4.0.0.6 and it did not solve the issue. I made the change to the Webserver as noted by Bob above and I had no more issues viewing my clips.

However..... after closing and reopening Blue Iris, the double-click issue was back. I checked the Webserver directory and it is still pointing to c:/Program Files/BlueIris 4/www. I went ahead and changed the Webserver directory to the same location (c:/Program Files/BlueIris 4/www) and I could view clips when double-clicking again.

So, making a change to the Webserver location fixes the double-click issue until Blue Iris is closed and reopened again. I will use this as a work around until a fix becomes available.

--Steve

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far with 64 bit i'm having zero issues! Ram usage even went down 25% for BI!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

wrusprod

n3wb
Reaction score
first install, BI 4 came up fine. if i close it, and try to reopen i get 'application error 0xc000007b'. i have tried to repair,modify the program. but i have to remove it, and reinstall to get it to come up. I do have BI3 on my PC still, (not running). but if i open that it will open (BI 3 version). any ideas?

Reaction score
first install, BI 4 came up fine. if i close it, and try to reopen i get 'application error 0xc000007b'. i have tried to repair,modify the program. but i have to remove it, and reinstall to get it to come up. I do have BI3 on my PC still, (not running). but if i open that it will open (BI 3 version). any ideas?
'
Right-Click on the BlueIris shortcut on the desktop and select Properties. Change the "Start In" to "C:/Program Files/BlueIris 4/BlueIris.exe" instead of "C:/Program Files/BlueIris 4/BlueIrisAdmin.exe" and see if it will start.

Bob

wrusprod

n3wb
Reaction score
that didnt fix it, exactly, but got me to the issue, so thanks! the path of the BI 4 is to BlueIrisAdmin,in the folder on C:/programs, which gives me the error. if i pick BlueIris in that folder it will open if i 'run as admin'. other than that, everything is the same. i guess, how can i change that blueiris folder to open as admin?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@bob_linux_user Welcome to the forum. Email your error log to support so that he could have some data to resolve these issues.

wrusprod

n3wb
Reaction score
my issue is fine right now, i changed the target in properties to blueiris.exe , instead of blueirisadmin.exe..just have to 'run as administrator' to get it to open. i had that issue before with BI 3. so hopefully i can remember what i did! thanks for the quick help..sorry to hijack OP.

DeaneG

n3wb
Reaction score
... BTW all users need to make sure that the Webserver points to c:/Program Files/BlueIris 4/www instead of c:/Program Files (x86)/BlueIris 3/www.
Bob
My 4.0.0.6 installation's webserver was pointed properly, but the clip viewer would not display clips by double-clicking (did not test rightclick->view). The playing icon was illuminated green, but no position indicator showed and no video appeared in the view window. I used the browse button to re-point the webserver to the correct path, and now clips can be played by double-clicking.

The version prior to 4.0.0.6 would just crash in the same circumstances.