Version 4.1

Reaction score
This version add an important tool to assist with the most common support issue–remote access. *Use the globe icon to open the wizard which will walk you through all of the connectivity steps required to get your server online. *Also, IP addresses may be stored at blueiris.pro to provide a convenient pseudo-DNS service which will soon be offered for use in the client apps.
The post Version 4.1 appeared first on Blue Iris.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Fingers crossed that this update resolves the random clock slow downs...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Got up this am to find two cameras had again drifted off the global time. Apparently, this latest update DOES NOT fix the issue.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got up this am to find two cameras had again drifted off the global time. Apparently, this latest update DOES NOT fix the issue.
Same here! Glad to see you posted this!

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm hoping Ken is working on this. I sent him an email before this last update, and he came back quick with questions about the cameras. Since then, I'm seeing the same phenomenon on my father's and brother's BI systems. Completely random, but significant slowdowns on individual cameras.

I don't want to overload him with info that he probably already knows, but it's a little disconcerting to know it's affecting lots of people.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Actual time is 11:28 PM on Tuesday - which is what the overlay shows on all other cameras - except for this one:

Attachments

JGreg0912

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having same issue. I have five cameras and three the clock continues to slow down. I have went into camera setting and have them restarting every four hours. This will re sync and correct the time but only for a little while.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the newest version of BI.. 4.0.3 drove my CPU from 32% to 85%!!! ugh!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the newest version of BI.. 4.0.3 drove my CPU from 32% to 85%!!! ugh!
What version did you have before? if you had something before 4.0.9 then the newer updates stopped limiting camera frame rates and if you dont limit them in the camera BI cpu usage will go up, unless you limit the frame rates in the record tab...if you had 4.1.0.2 before this update then your issue is something else.
just down grade it with the old update...you should not be auto updating or updating blue iris releases as soon as they are released if this is a primary machine..

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had 4.1.0.2.... I updated because it said "Bug fixes" and I've had several bugs that haven't been fixed.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had 4.1.0.2.... I updated because it said "Bug fixes" and I've had several bugs that haven't been fixed.
He doesn't publish a change log for the minor updates...my point is that a primary system, should be left alone for months before updates unless there is a compelling reason to do so. You can play with the updates on a test system but otherwise if all is running fine leave it alone..I have my systems still running 4.0.7..
What bug do you have?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the bad image quality on the screen, but fine when you zoom in, the cameras not properly "stacking" in all view mode, motion detection failures, etc....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the bad image quality on the screen, but fine when you zoom in, the cameras not properly "stacking" in all view mode, motion detection failures, etc....
I think you need to uninstall and reinstall to solve your display issue - or test it on a different monitor. I dont believe there was a motion detection failure, you simply did not have it setup to detect motion at the distance it occurred. The farther away the motion even occurs from the camera, the lower you need to set the size threshold.

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I posted screen shots of my settings, how much more granular do you think it needs to be?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I posted screen shots of my settings, how much more granular do you think it needs to be?
Possibly much more...It all depends on the pixel density that the point where the motion occurs...you need to set the threshold much lower to capture something across the street vs something in your driveway. From the help file.
"The Object size slider controls the overall number of moving pixels that will be required in order to consider the image to have motion. The Contrast slider controls the amount of change in each pixel that will be required in order to consider it to be moving. These concepts are represented graphically here. The Size is shown as a grey rectangle against a black background. As you move the Size slider, the rectangle will become smaller or larger. The Contrast will alter the brightness of the gray rectangle. When the Contrast slider is toward the left, the grey rectangle is dark, representing low-contrast, and when the slider is toward the right, the grey rectangle is brighter, representing a higher contrast.
Moving the sliders toward the LEFT makes the motion sensor more sensitive, as this will cause it to sense smaller objects with lower contrast."

peterX

n3wb
Reaction score
This version add an important tool to assist with the most common support issue–remote access. *Use the globe icon to open the wizard which will walk you through all of the connectivity steps required to get your server online. *Also, IP addresses may be stored at blueiris.pro to provide a convenient pseudo-DNS service which will soon be offered for use in the client apps.
The post Version 4.1 appeared first on Blue Iris.
Is there an option to pre-select for WAN (or LAN) access?

peterX

n3wb
Reaction score
When I enter url blueiris.pro/go/... It asks whether to be redirected to my BI website by LAN or by WAN. I'd like to be able to save one click. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I enter url blueiris.pro/go/... It asks whether to be redirected to my BI website by LAN or by WAN. I'd like to be able to save one click. Thanks.
Are you saying that it asks you that each time you connect? or only during setup?