Version 4.1.1

Reaction score
This new release contains an update to the ActiveX control, allowing it to use HTTPS and display UTC timecode. *The release also contains updates to video compression components, and allows fractional speed playback of recorded video.
The post Version 4.1.1 appeared first on Blue Iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Slow motion playback is back in V4

• Hold Control while using the play forward or play backward buttons in the clip viewer to half the playback speed, down to 1/16 of real time.
  • The ActiveX control has been updated to version 4.0.03. The major change is compatibility with Stunnel for https connections. The control now also displays UTC timecode from BVR video file content. IE "Protected mode" is detected and the user is instructed to disable this in order to allow the control to save snapshots or video.
  • Many video components have been updated. One side effect of this has been that MJPEG encoding is now supported on 64-bit Windows. MJPEG decoding show now also be more efficient on 64-bit Windows than it was previously.
  • A bug addressed where the software may stick at "shutting down" if one ore more cameras is in a reset state.

Cloudscout

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the ActiveX control to work over SSL? I upgraded from BI3 to BI4 specifically because of this feature but it doesn't seem to work for me. I only allow SSL through the firewall but I can't connect with the ActiveX control from outside my network. The BI page loads, I can log in and the control activates but it just says that it can't connect. The Java viewer works fine over SSL but not ActiveX.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you update the activex control? This does not happen automatically; you have to click the link to redownload it.