Using Dahua Tioc Wizsense with NVR4208-8P-4KS2/L

jack24564

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a couple of setups currently with dahua nvrs and cameras bought from aliexpress (were bought and fitted by an installer)

They are currently connected to 6 4mp dahua cameras.

Ive had a break in at each place and each time has been through the rear roof of the property.

And therefore I am looking at the Dahua Tioc 8mp detection cameras to install, have looked at the
Dahua IPC-HFW3849T1-AS-PV-0280 8MP IP WizSense IR30m IP67 PoE which looks promising.

Now the issue I have is that when checking my NVR setting I can't see any options for AI, I assume I may need to update the firmware on the nvr ( could this possibly brick it)

And is it the tripwire settings used to trigger human detection on the roof?

I am also slightly unsure if it would just be poe connecting the camera to the nvr or are further cables required.

Sorry for all the question just knew to all of this and really need to get some security sorted out asap.

Thank you!!!!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the lite series NVR, so you would need to upgrade to the AI version NVR.

Many people here have shown troubles with the 8MP TiOC - it is a poor MP/sensor combo and the picture quality suffers in most situations.

The 2MP, 4MP, or 5MP TiOC would be a much better choice.

Keep in mind the TiOC is such a specialty camera, that the NVR may not allow some of the features to be adjusted within the NVR or the app like arm/disarm. You have to log into the camera itself or use the app for it with the phone.

Most have found the intrusion box with enters and appears selected to be better than the tripwires, but you would have to test it for your field of view.

It is simple LOL do not chase MP - do not buy a 4MP camera that is anything other than a 1/1.8" sensor or larger. Do not buy a 2MP camera that is anything other than a 1/2.8" sensor or larger. Do not buy a 4K (8MP) camera on anything smaller than a 1/1.2" sensor. Unfortunately, most 4k cams are on the same sensor as a 2MP and thus the 2MP will kick its butt all night long as the 4k will need 4 times the light than the 2MP... 4k will do very poor at night unless you have stadium quality lighting (well a lot of lighting LOL).

Sensor sizing can confuse a lot of people LOL.

Is a 1/2.8" sensor bigger than a 1/1.8" sensor? Most people say yes LOL. But it is a fraction, so the 1/1.8" sensor is the bigger of the two.

jack24564

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you helps alot!!

I am just wondering there is anything I can add to the existing camera as a tripwire etc for the meantime.

I will get onto sourcing replacement ai nvrs straight away.

Really need to have the security beefed up.

Makes sense about the sensor. Am adding huge pir floodlights on the roof aswell.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tripwires/intrusion boxes on non AI cameras will trigger for other things, so it takes some trial and error to figure out the minimum object size for your field of view so that it doesn't trigger for a bird, but does for a human.

jack24564

n3wb
Reaction score
ouch so probably just worth getting the new nvr and doing it that way. Have the users on here had much success setting them up etc.

Looks like this one is decent.

Dahua NVR4208-8P-I 8CH 200Mbps AI NVR with PoE

Any ideas how Wizsense NVRS compare to the AI nvrs, thank you!!!

Last edited: