US Elections (& Politics) :)

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Key probes, ha. It wasn’t like those investigations were going to go anywhere any way. However, I agree; it is just another example of the clowns utilizing their position to benefit themselves rather than the American people. Unlike Trump who stepped away from being a billionaire to work for the American people, donating every check made as President.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wonderful. That’s all the VA needs is another 44 (again, I refuse to even mentione the co$$suckers name) member. Wonder how long it will take for the clown to twist the VA back to where we’re having to wait months or years for appointments?? Folks, if it didn’t work before under that sad excuse for an administration, it’s not going to work this joke of an administration, especially appointing the same jackasses. Gosh, this just shows their utter contempt and hatred for the military.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So the Dems are raising the Child Tax Credit from $2000 to $3600, almost double. And they plan on paying it out not as a tax credit but in monthly cash payments.

Now I suppose I'm fine with a Child Tax Credit for working families. But this stinks of Universal Basic Income (Aka Free Money). Am I simply a jaded asshole? or does this sound like a bad idea?

I see a few potential problems:
  • More low income families having more kids they can't afford in the first place, placing an ever bigger burden on the welfare system. Hey, have 4 kids and get a free $1200 p/mo from the Feds. Don't think there are folks who think like this? What rock have you been living under?
  • It doesn't stop at low income families, it pays out up to HHI of almost $400,000 p/yr. "Look Mary we get a free monthly check from Joe!"
  • This is on top of the extra $600 p/wk Unemployment "benefit" currently being given by the Feds in addition to State unemployment. Start doing the math......
  • This is on top of SNAP (food stamps)
  • This is on top of not needing to pay that pesky rent
  • Meanwhile Biden killed approx 75,000 jobs with the stroke of a pen on Day one of his coup.
  • The Avg household income is about $48,000. We're getting closer to not needing to work at all! The Dems will just send us free money!

So what has been the standard tactic of Democrats for years just got ratcheted up, give out free money and people will vote for you.

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
The WHO says it was natural, so don't you dare question it...

"we are expanding the list of false claims we will remove to include additional debunked claims about the coronavirus and vaccines. This includes claims such as:

• COVID-19 is man-made or manufactured
  • Vaccines are not effective at preventing the disease they are meant to protect against
  • It’s safer to get the disease than to get the vaccine
  • Vaccines are toxic, dangerous or cause autism
"

Reaction score
So the Dems are raising the Child Tax Credit from $2000 to $3600, almost double. And they plan on paying it out not as a tax credit but in monthly cash payments.

Now I suppose I'm fine with a Child Tax Credit for working families. But this stinks of Universal Basic Income (Aka Free Money). Am I simply a jaded asshole? or does this sound like a bad idea?

I see a few potential problems:
  • More low income families having more kids they can't afford in the first place, placing an ever bigger burden on the welfare system. Hey, have 4 kids and get a free $1200 p/mo from the Feds. Don't think there are folks who think like this? What rock have you been living under?
  • It doesn't stop at low income families, it pays out up to HHI of almost $400,000 p/yr. "Look Mary we get a free monthly check from Joe!"
  • This is on top of the extra $600 p/wk Unemployment "benefit" currently being given by the Feds in addition to State unemployment. Start doing the math......
  • This is on top of SNAP (food stamps)
  • This is on top of not needing to pay that pesky rent
  • Meanwhile Biden killed approx 75,000 jobs with the stroke of a pen on Day one of his coup.
  • The Avg household income is about $48,000. We're getting closer to not needing to work at all! The Dems will just send us free money!

So what has been the standard tactic of Democrats for years just got ratcheted up, give out free money and people will vote for you.
Renter: I'd like to rent this 3 bedroom apartment-- how much is the rent?

Landlord: How many kids do you have?

Last edited: