US Elections (& Politics) :)

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
On inflation I'm seeing 10% and greater. Costco toilet paper had about 10% shrinkage recently. Dollar Tree has it's 25% boost. I've been eyeing a $2,000 Harbor Freight generator and all of a sudden it's $2,200. Just about everything at Trader Joe's is up, their house brand wine by 17%. We don't buy much beef or I'd probably be really whining about that. Thanks, Democrats!

The bright side is that it's looking better for savers. The rate on 6 month T-bills had doubled, exploding to 0.08%! Pretty soon my bank accounts might launch from the current 0.01% rate. :smash:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
On inflation I'm seeing 10% and greater. Costco toilet paper had about 10% shrinkage recently. Dollar Tree has it's 25% boost. I've been eyeing a $2,000 Harbor Freight generator and all of a sudden it's $2,200. Just about everything at Trader Joe's is up, their house brand wine by 17%. We don't buy much beef or I'd probably be really whining about that. Thanks, Democrats!

The bright side is that it's looking better for savers. The rate on 6 month T-bills had doubled, exploding to 0.08%! Pretty soon my bank accounts might launch from the current 0.01% rate. :smash:
I remember the interest rates from the Jimmy Carter years. I would get as high an interest rate as I could and for as long as I could. I was sad to see those expire. The way I see it is that Joe Biden is making Jimmy Carter look good in comparison.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Houston, we have a problem --> Pandemic thread :(