uniview firmware

wackystuff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i can't find a place to download firmware at the uniview website... does uniview offer firmware updates?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
i can't find a place to download firmware at the uniview website... does uniview offer firmware updates?
Out of curiosity for how Uniview do things I bought 3 WGCC/Uniview cameras, spares and repairs., off eBay a couple of years ago.
Nothing wrong with them except the user didn't know the password and couldn't connect to an NVR.

From my notes :
"I emailed Uniview Tech Support to ask for a copy of the latest firmware, and got a copy from a helpful UK support person."
I started with this email address, and got a response from a tech support person
globalsupport@uniview.com

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If the camera or existing firmware is relatively new there may be a cloud upgrade button on the maintenance page. Try using that while your camera has internet connectivity (reconfigure temporarily if necessary).

Alternatively if you've purchased it from a reputable supplier they should be able to provide the file.

fstfrd50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All of my Uniview ip cameras are updated on the menu under System and afterwords maintenance under cloud upgrade. Takes approximately 2 minutes to update the latest firmware.

poweruser1

n3wb
Reaction score
All of my Uniview ip cameras are updated on the menu under System and afterwords maintenance under cloud upgrade. Takes approximately 2 minutes to update the latest firmware.
i had some problem upgrading a unv camera and when i connected it to a nvr it would freeze the nvr. I successfully upgraded it again via the cloud updates but the nvr still wouldnt work. I contacted my reseller and he gave me the camera firmware from unv ftp and said those files are more up-to-date (and i guess contain different firmware system files) than the cloud ones. after flashing the firmware from the ftp the nvr started working.
it would be cool to have access to the ftp even if you arent a reseller so if anyone has a link please share