Uniview 4K UHD on Blue Iris

Reaction score
I've never bought Uniview cameras before, but they look like decent build quality. I'm considering replacing a Foscam bullet camera in my system with a Uniview 4K UHD camera. I have 9 cameras in total (all but the Foscam are 2K Samsung Techwin domes). Before I order, I'm curious how much CPU the 4K stream chews through. With 9 2K cameras now, I'm sitting around 17-20% CPU. Any issues with the Uniview cameras and BI?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never bought Uniview cameras before, but they look like decent build quality. I'm considering replacing a Foscam bullet camera in my system with a Uniview 4K UHD camera. I have 9 cameras in total (all but the Foscam are 2K Samsung Techwin domes). Before I order, I'm curious how much CPU the 4K stream chews through. With 9 2K cameras now, I'm sitting around 17-20% CPU. Any issues with the Uniview cameras and BI?
There should be no issue with the uniview and blue iris. If you want good low light and night performance look at their 8mp with the 1/2 sensor NOT the small bullet with the 1/2.5 sensor. Better yet, their 4mp lighthunter with the 1/1.8" sensor.
The cpu usage will be depend on the increase in MP/s in the status>cameras tab. There are new improvements in blue iris using substreams to reduce cpu but they are note polished yet. See latest posts in the whats new section.

Reaction score
Looks interesting. Where is a good source for this model? Nelly's doesn't carry it, and I don't find much in the way of shopping on Google.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks interesting. Where is a good source for this model? Nelly's doesn't carry it, and I don't find much in the way of shopping on Google.
Uni has much tighter controls over their sales than hik/dahua so you will need to shop around for a distributor.

Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to find out -- Uni doesn't have an authorized dealer list, and I don't want to take a shot in the dark. Is there a vendor list here that would carry it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I'm trying to find out -- Uni doesn't have an authorized dealer list, and I don't want to take a shot in the dark. Is there a vendor list here that would carry it?
None of the vendors here carry it. Google will provide you with a list of vendors. Dont tell them you are an end user or they may not sell to you.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I use these guys for quite a bit, They are UNi Dealers, I did not see that model but they might be able to get you one.