Universal tilt wedge?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Never experienced this one before... I recently installed a cam on its suggested exterior wall mount (and arm, and pendant cap) @ about 12-13' high and the lens will not tilt up enough to frame-in on the intended target area :banghead:

Have done it elsewhere on the same building (height and distances to target are the same) with other brands, and had zero issues. Been trying newer manufacturer due to access issues with the 'tried and true' brands previously used.

Items tried with no positive results:
  • rotated lens to orient the greater field of view to horizontal
  • shimmed the bottom of the wall mount/arm
  • shimmed the camera as it mounts to the pendant cap
Instead of engaging in the "shoulda, coulda" discussion, the primary objective at this point is to work with what has just been installed.

Something like tilted wall mount (below) would do the trick. Of course, it does not exist for the camera that is currently watching the grass

Anybody ever come across a universal tilted wedge-type thing-ma-jig??
Tilted-wall-mount.png

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, inside diameter of the pendant cap is the first obstacle, followed closely by compatible hole patterns. The cam included an accessory plate if mounting to a junction box. I am thinking the most effective option is to build a wedge out of some PT, fasten the plate to the wedge. The accessory plate will also help locate holes needed to attach wedge to pendant cap. Added bonus, I still have the mount template sticker

Hanwha:
Mount Arm SBP-300WMW
Pendant Cap SBP-301HMW2
Camera QNV-8080R

Might consider re-locating this set-up to another building... not thrilled, as it a masonry block surface

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
With no vendor specific option available, I made my own from a pressure treated (PT) 6x6
23-deg wedge-1.png
Any wedges I did see advertised seemed to be listed at 23 degrees, so I followed suit.
23-deg wedge-2.png
Countersink on the holes for securing to the pendant cap. Missing from this pic is a bit more of the PT I had to remove to allow cables access from center hole to camera body entry
23-deg wedge-3.png
Will seal the crack with some RTV when the temps are more suitable. It's not fashionable, but it is functional and was a cost-effective solution.
23-deg wedge-4.png

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I have something called InstaMorph I bought a while ago for a project I never got around to. It's a plastic with a relatively low melting temperature, around 210 degrees, and could probably be used to make a wedge like that.