Two Cameras Both Different Brands One APP?

Kirstin

n3wb
Reaction score
I will make this as short as possible of course if you need anymore info from me I would be more then happy to provide it. Thanks up front for any help. :)

So I current have a system installed at my home, its this one.

I wanted to add another camera I bought, this one.

But it really stinks :idk: having to view two different apps for the different cameras. I really wish I could look at both on one app. Is there anyway I can view all my cameras on one app even though they are different brands?

If so how would I do this and what app would I use? o_O
I dont mind buying an app if it will make doing this easier. Theses were both pretty much plug in play so I did not have to do much to get them up and running, but I am sure with good instructions I can get it done. :headbang:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT, Kirstin! :wave:

I wish you had spent some time here researching before you bought, as your situation is a common one. But maybe we can find a solution:

A few questions:
  • By 'app', you mean for your smartphone?
  • If so, is it Android or iOS (Apple) ?
  • What items (the NVR, the PTZ camera, etc.) are plugged into your home router with an Ethernet cable?

Kirstin

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I received all these cameras for free. I do video reviews and blog for products from time to time and as a results they were items were sent to me for reviews at one time or another. Other wise I would of defiantly bought a set with 8 cams and a dvr for sure. But I figure since they were free maybe I could try to make it all work.
To answer your questions, yes, software or an app. We currently use Androids. All of the Cameras are wireless then of course the DVR that came with the 4 cams. The newer cam which is the single cam is not hooked to anything at all, it did not come with a DVR so its just wireless but it does take a memory card if we wanted to use the play back feature. I hope I answered everything right? :)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I received all these cameras for free. I do video reviews and blog for products from time to time and as a results they were items were sent to me for reviews at one time or another. Other wise I would of defiantly bought a set with 8 cams and a dvr for sure. But I figure since they were free maybe I could try to make it all work.
To answer your questions, yes, software or an app. We currently use Androids. All of the Cameras are wireless then of course the DVR that came with the 4 cams. The newer cam which is the single cam is not hooked to anything at all, it did not come with a DVR so its just wireless but it does take a memory card if we wanted to use the play back feature. I hope I answered everything right? :)
"You received all the cameras for free"
I watched what I believe to be your video review on amazon, You claim in your review you liked the one and went ahead and "purchased" a 4 pack of them. Was that a fake 5 star Amazon review ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would consider TinyCam Pro for the app.
To help with determining a few things on your network I suggest Fing, a free app.
  1. Download and install Fing on your smartphone.
  2. Insure your smartphone is on your Wi-Fi.
  3. Plug the PTZ cam into your router and power it up.
  4. Run Fing and scan your network.
  5. Determine your router's LAN IP; write it down.
  6. Log into router, find DHCP pool's range and write that range of IP's down.
  7. Back in Fing, find the PTZ cam, write down its IP.
  8. Highlight the PTZ and have Fing scan for the cam's ports (hopefully the RTSP port will be 554).
  9. Log into the PTZ. set up username and password and make the IP static, use an IP that is OUTSIDE of the router's DHCP pool range; write all that down.
  10. Install TinyCam on phone (try the free first, if you like, pay $5 for the Pro) .
  11. In TinyCam, setup new cam, put it the IP you assigned in step #9 along with username and password for the cam, have it scan for the PTZ. RTSP will be the best video streaming method.
The wireless NVR and 4 cams? I think if you can get the above going you could try plugging the NVR's LAN port into your router and if the NVR is set to DHCP it may get a IP from your router and Fing may find it. That being said, if you can't get the PTZ going there's not much sense in going further with NVR.....get back to us.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I watched what I believe to be your video review on amazon, You claim in your review you liked the one and went ahead and "purchased" a 4 pack of them. Was that a fake 5 star Amazon review ?
I like the warning to buy outdoor rated extension cords for the power supplies. o_O

Kevin_Essiambre

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
looks to me like you'd want to get the new PTZ cam to connect to the JideTech NVR's wi-fi network.
that assumes the NVR can handle more than the 4 cams connecting that came with it, and that you can configure the NVR to pull a stream from the new cam (may need to manually enter the RTSP: URL for it. The PTZ claims to be ONVIF-compatible, so ODM (Onvif Device Manager) could help there

edit: then again, if its'a propiretary wifi protocol between the cams and nvr, whcih it may be in the name of 'ease of use', then you;re SO there and your best bet is to find an app (like TinyCam, suggested above) that can pull streams from both the NVR plugged into the network and the new PTZ cam...

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
And the fact JideTch web site shows a 5mp PTZ that appears identical to the one your'e trying to add:

so i'd poke around in the NVR's web UI for configurables (not from the app)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the warning to buy outdoor rated extension cords for the power supplies. o_O
Yeah it's an interesting sugegstion not least of which because most adaptor plugs are much deeper than normal plugs and so won't fit inside those IP rated socket enclosures. Not saying there aren't any out there that will acommodate a power adpator. Just I've never seen one. A better way to extend power would be from the tranformed end leaving the adaptor safely indoors.

Kirstin

n3wb
Reaction score
No, not really sure why you would ask me if I would post a fake review? More then like it is not the same person since I only do my Influencer reviews on Instagram.

Kirstin

n3wb
Reaction score
I would consider TinyCam Pro for the app.
To help with determining a few things on your network I suggest Fing, a free app.
  1. Download and install Fing on your smartphone.
  2. Insure your smartphone is on your Wi-Fi.
  3. Plug the PTZ cam into your router and power it up.
  4. Run Fing and scan your network.
  5. Determine your router's LAN IP; write it down.
  6. Log into router, find DHCP pool's range and write that range of IP's down.
  7. Back in Fing, find the PTZ cam, write down its IP.
  8. Highlight the PTZ and have Fing scan for the cam's ports (hopefully the RTSP port will be 554).
  9. Log into the PTZ. set up username and password and make the IP static, use an IP that is OUTSIDE of the router's DHCP pool range; write all that down.
  10. Install TinyCam on phone (try the free first, if you like, pay $5 for the Pro) .
  11. In TinyCam, setup new cam, put it the IP you assigned in step #9 along with username and password for the cam, have it scan for the PTZ. RTSP will be the best video streaming method.
The wireless NVR and 4 cams? I think if you can get the above going you could try plugging the NVR's LAN port into your router and if the NVR is set to DHCP it may get a IP from your router and Fing may find it. That being said, if you can't get the PTZ going there's not much sense in going further with NVR.....get back to us.
Thank you so much Tony, I will give it a try and see if I cant make it work. Probably wont get to it for about a week as I am busy as heck this week. But when I try it I will let you know if I got it all worked out. Again Thank you so very much for your assistance.;)

Kirstin

n3wb
Reaction score
another 'clue' may be that the wifi nvr shown in the amazon listing for the PTZ is IDENTICAL to the one used with the 4 cam setup, so perhaps there is hope...

View attachment 63989 View attachment 63990
Wow, Thanks for the assistance. I am going to try everything you all have posted and hopefully something will work. I probably wont get to it for about a week but I will post an update once I get something done. :)

Kirstin

n3wb
Reaction score
Right... so which is it? You got it for free or bought it?

Sent from my new phone. Autocorrect may have changed stuff.
Wow, I got the 4 cams set for free the zoom in camera I bought cause I wanted a camera that would allow me to see my road closer. What does it even matter I am here for assistance not to be scutinizedd about what I bought what I got for free? I mean come on. I am not even going to respond to anymore of these ugly comments.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
my point was simply that it's all 'JideTech', so can most likely made to all work together one way or another...
61ylt9PtK4L._AC_SL1200_.jpg61M-ZOgSfKL._AC_SL1200_.jpg 61M-ZOgSfKL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
No, not really sure why you would ask me if I would post a fake review? More then like it is not the same person since I only do my Influencer reviews on Instagram.
OK Kirstin, My Apologizes, We Assume things sometimes. Here is why I Jumped to conclusion. I Followed your link in post #1 to the Cameras (4Pack) on Amazon.
There I saw a video review from somebody Named Kirstin, also from Thomasville (Can you believe it?) who also,bought the same set of cams. Her Video review was pretty Good. In Her review she said she purchased hers. I really thought it was one in the same person. Sometimes people will take free stuff from Amazon Vendors in Favor of a 5 star Review and gain the trust of suckers like me who are likely to believe them and purchase it. I know you mentioned you got them for free and like to do Video reviews so "Again" I jumped to conclusion, Same name, Same set of cams and same Town. That is true coincidence;) Accept my sincere apology and I hope you get your Cams to work together. Welcome to the Form

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, I got the 4 cams set for free the zoom in camera I bought cause I wanted a camera that would allow me to see my road closer. What does it even matter I am here for assistance not to be scutinizedd about what I bought what I got for free? I mean come on. I am not even going to respond to anymore of these ugly comments.
Hi @Kirstin

Q: "..What does it even matter I am here for assistance not to be scutinizedd about what I bought what I got for free? I mean come on. .."
A: Why? Because every day here we have to deal with the consequences of fraudulent vendors and reviews when we attempt to help people who were defrauded. This is why.

" More then like it is not the same person since I only do my Influencer reviews on Instagram."

ref:
1592435632673.png
1592441912511.png

Attachments

Last edited: