Trying to add Uniden AppCam23

Reaction score
I've tried both Ispy and Blue Iris and neither will connect.

Does anyone know what the settings would be?

Reaction score
Brand new. Just picked it up yesterday.

Going to the ip address just gives a 404 index.htm, file not found. I tried using thse with ispy and Blue Iris to no avail.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Return it, there are way better options than trying to make it work, which may be impossible. I looked at the manual and there is not mention of ip address or streams, that is a big sign that it doesnt properly stream video. The specs are subpar and you can get MUCH better cameras for the money. What are you trying to capture with the camera? what are your requirements?

Reaction score
It streams to the iPad and my Galaxy S5 great and the recorded video is great as well, it's just on an sd card that is inserted into the camera.

We are just looking for an outdoor wireless camera due to some recent vandalism on our home.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I would email blue iris support and see if Ken can figure it out. Generally these cheap vga cams dont produce the best video and wifi is spotty at best. There are tons of better options out there if you can run Ethernet to the camera. However, if the image quality is good enough for you and sd recording is sufficient then stick with it. I just dont want you getting stuck with the cam if it cant be used with BI.

Reaction score
Having the recorded video outside with the camera isn't all that smart, and that's why I'm trying to figure out how to get BI working with it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its very rare that the camera itself is stolen. That said, if you want Blue iris recording, get something that is proven to work instead of messing with this camera that is subpar to begin with.