Trouble with remote desktop after latest Win 10 updates?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with remote desktop after latest Windows 10 updates? Mine had been working trouble free for a long time but now if I minimize the remote desktop screen and go back to it a couple of minutes later or an hour later I usually get a black screen and have to close the remote desktop session and start a new session to see my Blue Iris pc again. I access this from my lan, just wondered if anyone else was having this issue. I keep hoping Windows will fix it on a new update but it is still an issue so far for me.

Valiant

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had some problems with RDP after Windows updates but the issue appears to be different to yours.

There seems to be problems relating to differing security levels when connecting to other machines. If you've recently updated one, try updating the other to ensure they have similar revisions.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. My BI pc and the one I am using to access it from are both on the latest updates, so I guess I will wait and hope they fix it eventually. I think I saw something about an update that was supposed to fix an issue with RDP on certain vpn connections so maybe they fixed that and broke something else.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Try installing RDPWrap and see if that makes any difference as it should allow a remote connection as well as logging onto the machine itself at the same time.

myipcam

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1) Broken > 2)Update Fix > Break something else > Go back to step1. ... and that's MS folks!