Trouble with recent version, cam windows from UI

Dc4

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys. I use a USB monitor connected to the machine that runs my BI. Otherwise I essentially use the machine headless as it’s in a closet. The monitor is mounted on a wall. I have had this setup for over 5 years.

I setup the machine to start the BI.exe automatically when windows boots up. I have it setup so that if I reboot the machine, I never have to log into it or anything. All my programs start up, run and display with no user interaction.

I’m not positive of the correct terminology, but I remove the cam windows from the main BI UI and randomly size and place them on my desktop while the UI stays minimized to the tray. It remembers this layout.

I recently updated to the latest version 5.5.1.6, and lost all of those window settings. I set them all up again on my desktop and thought all was good. However, now when it boots up all I see is the cam window outlines. No actual live cam view. If I log in to the machine, open the BI UI, they immediately show up like normal. I then minimize the UI and all is good until the next time I reboot or restart BI.exe.

Any ideas at all? I know running as a service is better, but I honestly don’t know if I could and still run the desktop windows this way. It’s worked fine so I’ve just left it. Thanks guys.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera layout/format changed with versions 5.5.x.x, so unless you really need the functionality of what is in the latest release, most have rolled back to 5.4.9.18 or earlier.

There are many threads discussing the new layout functions and features (and many hate the new functions), so many have rolled back.

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry I am not clear what the problem is here. I've got BI 5.5.1.11 without any change to my desktop camera display. My Android phone on UI3 via a Raspberry Pi with VPN Wireguard works as before. What I don't have installed is Blue Iris Tools.
What I occasionally notice after a BI update is that some things seem to get changed and it takes me a while to discover the solution. The latest was one camera's Break time in the Trigger Tab was about 499 seconds instead of 10.0 seconds that I thought I'd set.