Trouble getting camera connected to HIKVision NVR DS-7608NI-K2/8P

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I installed 7 x DS-2CD2332-I caneras around my house a few years ago. I had them working fine through my PC via Blue Iris no problems.

Due to issues with the PC, I decided to get the DS-7608NI-K2/8P NVR. Initially thought I could just plug the camera cables in and away it would go.
When I couldnt get the NVR to recognise the cameras, I did some research on here to find my cameras were more than likely bricked. I used Alastair's unbrick/upgrade method for the cameras.

I have again plugged the cameras into the NVR, but still not getting them recognised by the NVR. Could this be that when I have activated the cameras on my network, I have used IP addresses that are recognised by my router/switch? eg 192.168.1.xxx
When looking at the setup/config if the NVR, cameras ports are assigned a 192.168.254.x address. Due to the cameras having a different IP address, could there be a conflict?
The status of each camera has a "X Exception" in the status column.

Very frustrating, with a lot of head scratching going on....
Any advice greatfully accepted
Cheers

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The NVR will assign a separate IP address for the cameras. But you assigned static addresses to them. You probably need to turn DHCP back on in the cameras. Or maybe try a factory reset of one camera and see if the NVR will then recognize it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Could this be that when I have activated the cameras on my network, I have used IP addresses that are recognised by my router/switch? eg 192.168.1.xxx
The simplest method to add a Hikvision camera to a Hikvision NVR PoE port is :

Power up the camera on the LAN, access the web GUI and reset it to factory defaults such that it is 'Inactive'.
Ensure the chosen NVR PoE channel is set to Plug&Play.
Connect the camera to the corresponding NVR PoE port.
Within a couple of minutes, the NVR will 'Activate' the camera and it will connect.

Then you need to configure the camera settings (not the network or password) to your choices.
The NVR 'Virtual; Host' facility works well for that activity.