Trigger issues

Lieberkind

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello

Questions from a newbie.

I have a IPC-HFW2231T-ZS-S2 for capturing license plates 24/7. At day there is no problem triggering camera. But at night it is not very often i get images from camera.

The camera is set up 10-20% perpendicular to plates. and it is places 2,5m from ground and up.

The image from the camera are pitch black, perhaps this is the problem triggering a snapshot? (Shutter 1/2000)

What am I doing wrong?

I am considdering Blue iris as NVR.

These images are with shutter at 1/50.

1.jpg.png2.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IVS is great, but for LPR at night it will not work.

For IVS to work, the camera needs to be able to see the object, compare it to its AI and decide if it meets the criteria.

Since the shutter has to be ran fast (1/2000) and we are zoomed in so tight,, all that the camera sees is head/tail lights and the plate, and that is not enough for the camera to determine the object.

So between the vehicle not being in the field of view long enough and not seeing the whole car, IVS will struggle for LPR duty.

Lieberkind

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IVS is great, but for LPR at night it will not work.

For IVS to work, the camera needs to be able to see the object, compare it to its AI and decide if it meets the criteria.

Since the shutter has to be ran fast (1/2000) and we are zoomed in so tight,, all that the camera sees is head/tail lights and the plate, and that is not enough for the camera to determine the object.

So between the vehicle not being in the field of view long enough and not seeing the whole car, IVS will struggle for LPR duty.
What is the right way to trigger then?

BR

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI it is within the motion trigger settings or within the camera it is simply motion detection.

At that shutter speed, the only thing it will see motion on is a plate or the occasional storm.