Traffic triggering alerts at night

CJ133

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm running 6 Dahua cameras 3 of which are on the front of the house. We live on a main street so there's no lack of traffic all night long.

The headlights trigger one of the cameras pretty bad that I run in color all night long.

I've messed around with my settings but I'm hoping someone can give me some tips on what to use to deal with this. The traffic doesn't trigger it directly just the light and shadows reflecting off of the windows, porch etc.

The camera in question is a IPC-T5442T-ZE and I'm running the latest version of BI.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the AI in the camera instead of Blue Iris motion detection.

Go to Smart Plan and select IVS and hit save.

Then go to IVS and add an IVS rule. Use Intrusion and select the appears and crosses. Draw a box/outline around the area you want it to trigger for. Then check the box for human and/or vehicle. There is no sensitivity settings in this setup.

Leave min size to 0,0 and do not do any other changes and hit save.

Make sure both motion detection and Smart Motion Detection are not checked in the camera.

Then in BI you need to set it up in two places. In the motion tab, select the camera's digital input or motion alarm.

Uncheck the BI Motion Sensor.

Then go back to the setup screen where you key in the camera IP address and user and password and down in the lower left (or up a little depending on the version you are running), will be the checkbox for pull ONVIF triggers.

I ran a clone camera for awhile using BI motion to compare it to the ONVIF triggers to confirm I wasn't missing anything. Now for those cams I just use ONVIF triggers.

Having the camera do motion detection instead of BI does free up CPU as motion detection is one of the larger CPU drains.

This will eliminate your false triggers.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
This is exactly how I have my 5442 cams setup and they work a treat, the only difference is I also have a tripwire setup in the same area as a kind of fail safe.