"Time Out" Activation Error

John R

n3wb
Reaction score
I set up my first DS-2CD2142FWD-I successfully several months ago. I ordered a second identical model but get a "Time Out" error when I try to activate. Please see attached image.

There are two main differences between the two but cannot troubleshoot the cause of the "Time Out" error.

First: the intial camera was setup on a Netgear Router with Fios with a default gateway of 192.168.0.1. I switched to a Google WiFi router since the first camera install. New default gateway is 192.168.86.1. I was able to change the first camera's settings since it was activated.

Second: The first camera was firmware V5.4.5 and the new camera is V5.5.0

I have tried navigating to 192.168.1.64 in all of my browsers with no success.

I have reverted to my Netgear router without luck either.

I installed the most recent SADP tool from Hikvision, and I still receive the "Time Out" error.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to have the camera and PC on the same subnet which they are not according to your pic.
So you can use sadp to change the ip of the camera to 192.168.86.xxx. You choose the "xxx", maybe 64. You have to be aware of possible conflicts.

John R

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you NoloC. My issue is that I cannot activate the camera in SADP so it will not allow me to make the necessary changes to the subnet. I get a "Time Out" error when I try to activate the new camera.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well you could then change the PC ip to the same subnet as the camera and then your browser will connect. Then you can change the camera ip and the the pc back to the 86 subnet. Not sure what that "inactive" thing means since it appears sadp is finding the camera.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK did a google and dumb me, you are trying to activate by setting the new password. You should still be able to do it by the browser method if you change the PC ip since it seems sadp is not cooperating.

John R

n3wb
Reaction score
Noloc you Prince! I was able to change my LAN settings in Google Wifi to 1.1 and accessed the camera via browser. Thank you!

rag.pakkam

n3wb
Reaction score
ibwant to change my ip address. But it giving time out error. Can you help me?

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I've been trying for days to get this hooked up. So I go to activate the cam and get the same "time out". What is the solution? Also the cam disappears after maybe a minute of being on the list, I have to unplug and plug in to get it to come back up. I'm not a computer tech but can learn. Lol. Please help!

sheddyfan

n3wb
Reaction score
same issue here, first I activated the camera it was all up and running with DHCP enabled
then I installed the camera on the wall and it wouldnt connect
so I resetted it to default and I get the same issue
now I even have it on the same subnet but the browser would not connect
It shows up in SADP for maybe one minute and then it is gone