Time is Off in Mobile App Only

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have had BI running fine for several years, along with the mobile app. Yesterday I swapped to a new computer after the old one started shutting down. New computer is a refurbished i7-6700 with Windows 10 Pro. When I got it, I did a clean install of Win 10 with the media creation tool. The time zone was set to pacific, so I changed it to ET.

Computer clock, BI all show ET. The cameras are set to ET. The display on BI when watching a clip, the small black box below the clip, shows the correct time. The time imprint on the clip shows the correct time. Everything I have checked and seen shows the correct, ET, time!

EXCEPT the mobile app. On the mobile app, under camera view, it shows the last clip, and the relative time when it was taken. For me, the calculations are based on pacific time. So, for a clip taken now, it says "3 hours from now". I have rebooted both the phone and the computer, checked times and time zones everywhere I can think. Every place is correct.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
from he phone access BI using the UI3 web app, is the time correct ?
Are you using an NTP server to provide time to BI ?

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
from he phone access BI using the UI3 web app, is the time correct ?
Are you using an NTP server to provide time to BI ?
The issue is the time since the alert, shown on the right of the app. No other interfaces, that I know of, provide that calculation. The UI3 interface has the time, and it is correct.

I do not yet have a client set up to provide accurate (millisecond) time updates. <<<----Checking the Windows time, I found it!!

The issue was, somehow while setting up the new machine, the time zone was set to pacific, but the time was se to eastern. So it said 9:28 am PT, which would be 12:28 pm ET, when adjusted in the app, motion was in the future!.

Thanks!!