This just in.....

Reaction score
Dad let's kid shoot gun while filming on phone. I'm sure he will post it on social media how he got to shoot the gun in the ground. Waking up the neighbors thinking it's a drive by shooting or anything. I reported to the police and sent them the video.

Reaction score
Sounds like someone got some night time practice in around here. but it you have a backstop and more than an acre it's perfectly legal here

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At least he didn't fire upwards into the air. About 40 yrs ago in a "decent" area of Houston, I was on my roof and found 4 bullets that had fell from the sky and sticking in the shingles.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At least he didn't fire upwards into the air. About 40 yrs ago in a "decent" area of Houston, I was on my roof and found 4 bullets that had fell from the sky and sticking in the shingles.
I used to work downtown in bad area... our maintenance men had a collection of bullets in their office in a glass container ...every time they would go up on the roofs of our buildings to change air filters they would find slugs as well and add them to the collection.

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I also had a bullet come through my roof a few decades ago when living in Houston. I saw a hole in the ceiling of the garage, so I went in the attic and found a hole in the roof that lined up with the hole in the ceiling drywall. After looking around in the garage I found the spent bullet which also chipped the concrete floor in the garage. So at that point I called the police and showed them the evidence. The cop looked at the slug and said " 45 caliber, same as what I use". That's as far as it went..:idk:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I also had a bullet come through my roof a few decades ago when living in Houston. I saw a hole in the ceiling of the garage, so I went in the attic and found a hole in the roof that lined up with the hole in the ceiling drywall. After looking around in the garage I found the spent bullet which also chipped the concrete floor in the garage. So at that point I called the police and showed them the evidence. The cop looked at the slug and said " 45 caliber, same as what I use". That's as far as it went..:idk:
That's about all he could do with it. How would you expect them to trace it?

Jim I.

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's about all he could do with it. How would you expect them to trace it?
I left out part of the story. At that time we had a teenage gangbanger living right next door in a typical residential neighborhood who used to burglarize his own neighbors. One day in broad daylight I saw him standing in his garage holding a deer rifle that turns out he had just stolen from one of the neighbors.
He actually aimed it over the rooftop of the house across the street and fired it. I marched over there and confronted him and asked what the hell are you doing? He said "my daddy gave me this gun". I responded "I didn't ask where you got it, what the hell are you doing shooting it here?!!
I called the police but they said they couldn't do anything unless they witnessed him shooting it.
This kid was being raised by a single mother who worked the night shift at the post office, which left him to fend for himself during the day.
I was pretty sure he had something to do with the bullet coming through my roof earlier that year, so I reported it, knowing nothing would come of it.
I ended up moving. lol

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds like someone got some night time practice in around here. but it you have a backstop and more than an acre it's perfectly legal here
Public land within the city boundary.....I'm almost certain that's a felony.

As for it being his father, are you sure, the other person is masked. Could be an older youth or gang banger.

Either way, that kids life is now screwed if the Poilce know who he is. Felony at his age doesn't bode well for the future.

Reaction score
Public land within the city boundary.....I'm almost certain that's a felony.

As for it being his father, are you sure, the other person is masked. Could be an older youth or gang banger.

Either way, that kids life is now screwed if the Poilce know who he is. Felony at his age doesn't bode well for the future.
Yes but the sad part is no matter how much you try and help single parent kids like this one, they always make the wrong decisions because of who they are hanging with. I've tried to mentor kids like the one Jim I. is talking about.

Reaction score
on the plus side the kid has a dad
the dad had him shoot at the ground
the dad had his hand on his shoulder
looks like it was on an easement which is not public land