things that make you go "Oh My GOD!"

Reaction score
...and they're not even sexual.... LOL

This compilation is crazy amazing--- watch the security cam footage at about 2:45 in..... never seen anything like it. On a side note-- who else is irritated as hell when someone takes video of a screen instead of using the actual VIDEO FILE.... ???

this is why I love YouTube....

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On a side note-- who else is irritated as hell when someone takes video of a screen instead of using the actual VIDEO FILE.... ???
What REALLY annoys me, if using a phone to shoot a video, is when the person holds the #$& phone vertically instead of horizontally...or whipping the phone all around, up and down...I just about fall off my barstool. :puke:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
What a compilation! Thanks for posting.

The one where the truck with the various cylinders kept blowing up was pretty shocking. People kept standing around way too close for a long while. I'd want miles between me and that truck, not yards. Even if it meant risking a blow-by at high speed to pass the danger zone.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What a compilation! Thanks for posting.

The one where the truck with the various cylinders kept blowing up was pretty shocking. People kept standing around way too close for a long while. I'd want miles between me and that truck, not yards. Even if it meant risking a blow-by at high speed to pass the danger zone.
For sure...they have LOTS of power when they "jet propel' themselves, got to witness it up close and personal over 50 years ago:

One of my first jobs when I graduated from HS in '67 was for 3 months in a General Electric appliance receiving warehouse, unloading rail cars stuffed with 'fridges, washers, dryers, ranges, etc.

The forklifts were propane powered and across the H-U-G-E but empty warehouse (just opened) a man was unloading 50 lb (I think) gas cylinders (likely propane, I dunno) from a stake-bodied truck with a lift gate. He was riding the gate down when 1 of the cylinders got lose, hit the edge of the gate or truck bed and apparently it had no valve guard. It knocked the shutoff valve off and that thing took off. I was probably 200 feet away and I watched that cylinder travel parallel to the concrete floor about 4 ft. above it and for about 250 feet or so and hit one of those forklifts in the side near the rear where the heavy counterweight is. The cylinder folded up like an accordion and knocked the heavy forklift over onto it side. We stood around with our mouths open! :wow:

Fortunately, no one was hurt. I'm sure the gas delivery guy got a butt-chewing or worse.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
For sure...they have LOTS of power when they "jet propel' themselves, got to witness it up close and personal over 50 years ago:

One of my first jobs when I graduated from HS in '67 was for 3 months in a General Electric appliance receiving warehouse, unloading rail cars stuffed with 'fridges, washers, dryers, ranges, etc.

The forklifts were propane powered and across the H-U-G-E but empty warehouse (just opened) a man was unloading 50 lb (I think) gas cylinders (likely propane, I dunno) from a stake-bodied truck with a lift gate. He was riding the gate down when 1 of the cylinders got lose, hit the edge of the gate or truck bed and apparently it had no valve guard. It knocked the shutoff valve off and that thing took off. I was probably 200 feet away and I watched that cylinder travel parallel to the concrete floor about 4 ft. above it and for about 250 feet or so and hit one of those forklifts in the side near the rear where the heavy counterweight is. The cylinder folded up like an accordion and knocked the heavy forklift over onto it side. We stood around with our mouths open! :wow:

Fortunately, no one was hurt. I'm sure the gas delivery guy got a butt-chewing or worse.
Glad nobody was harmed. Probably several pairs of underwear were discarded that day.

Similar situation where I did my graduate work. On the second floor of the building, there was a shared-use facility and someone didn't observe proper safety protocol with a 50lb cylinder. This was two years before I started work there, but the story went that someone took the valve guard off BEFORE securing the cylinder, it fell over, the valve got knocked off on the way down, and the cylinder took off, through the wall (cinder block) on the other side of the room and into the next room, then through the exterior wall of the building, and buried itself halfway down in the athletic field about 300 yards away. The exterior wall damage was of course repaired but the interior wall it punched through was painted over but not rebuilt, as an object lesson for future workers/students. Where the cylinder hit the wall it punched a nearly circular hole; the egress wound into the next room was larger and more ragged. Fortunately the gas was "just" LN2; that room had plenty of cylinders of hydrogen, ammonia, and other stuff.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Same thing in my high school, some one knocked over the oxygen and acetylene bottles when the oxygen valve
got knocked off. Went across the shop, through the classroom, metal building, and ended up under the bleachers.
Every shop class took a tour of the holes, and the angle iron under the bleachers.

It did come in handy though, you could ask your girlfriend if she wanted to see the damage........ you can fill in the rest.