Swann NHD-865MSB POE Connector Pinout?

savatreatabvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Water had gotten into the RJ45 connector on my Swann NHD-865MSB POE camera and corroded the pins. The only way to keep using the camera was to cut off the RJ45 connector and hardwire the camera straight to the ethernet cable. Follow me so far? My issue is not knowing what color wires from the camera tie into the ethernet cable? I've contacted Swann but no one can locate a pinout diagram. I'm only using 4 wires from the ethernet cable RJ45 (OrnWht-pin 1, Orn-pin 2, Grn/Wht-pin 3 & Grn-pin 6) but the NHD-865MSB RJ45 connector is using 6 wires (Orn/Wht-pin 1, Orn-pin 2, Grn/Wht-pin 3, Red/Wht-pin 6, Grn-pin 7 & Blk/Wht-pin 8) pins 4 & 5 are not used. The 2 extra wires are Red/Wht & Blk/Wht.

I cut apart the NHD-865MSB RJ45 connector and found the Red/Wht & Blk/Wht are in a separate molex connector along with the red & black audio wires I tied together pins 1, 2, 3 & 6 from both RJ45 connectors but still have a blank screen. I know the camera is good so I'm missing something but can't find it. Any help finding a pinout diagram for a Swann NHD-865MSB camera is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
I have 887 pig tails from 2 dead cams from water inside.

Reaction score
Here is what i have to add from my research. The wire that comes with the camera only uses 4 wires in the cable - pins 1, 2, 3, & 6. I cut it apart and found that pin 1 is orange with white stripe, pin 2 is orange, pin 3 is green with white stripe, and pin 6 is red with white stripe. Hope that helps.

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If your Swann Camera has 8 wires. Here is the wiring configuration to punch down to a Cat5 or 6 jack.
Pin T568B Scheme Camera Wire

1 Orange Stripe Orange

2 Orange Yellow

3 Green Stripe Green

4 Blue Purple

5 Blue Stripe Grey

6 Green Blue

7 Brown Stripe Brown

8 Brown White

Pierogies

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, I am new here, but I joined specifically for this same problem (except it was an NHD-885). Using the OP's pictures, I came to make it work (with POE!) using only 4 wires. I put them in the keystone jack as such:

(This is in T568B, by the way)
Camera ---> Keystone
Red/White ---> Green
Green/White ---> Green/White
Orange ---> Orange
Orange/White ---> Orange/White

The remaining Black and Green wires I did nothing with. Plugged it into my POE switch and voila! It worked!

Hope this helps!

Upsidedown

n3wb
Reaction score
Water had gotten into the RJ45 connector on my Swann NHD-865MSB POE camera and corroded the pins. The only way to keep using the camera was to cut off the RJ45 connector and hardwire the camera straight to the ethernet cable. Follow me so far? My issue is not knowing what color wires from the camera tie into the ethernet cable? I've contacted Swann but no one can locate a pinout diagram. I'm only using 4 wires from the ethernet cable RJ45 (OrnWht-pin 1, Orn-pin 2, Grn/Wht-pin 3 & Grn-pin 6) but the NHD-865MSB RJ45 connector is using 6 wires (Orn/Wht-pin 1, Orn-pin 2, Grn/Wht-pin 3, Red/Wht-pin 6, Grn-pin 7 & Blk/Wht-pin 8) pins 4 & 5 are not used. The 2 extra wires are Red/Wht & Blk/Wht.

I cut apart the NHD-865MSB RJ45 connector and found the Red/Wht & Blk/Wht are in a separate molex connector along with the red & black audio wires I tied together pins 1, 2, 3 & 6 from both RJ45 connectors but still have a blank screen. I know the camera is good so I'm missing something but can't find it. Any help finding a pinout diagram for a Swann NHD-865MSB camera is greatly appreciated!
Did you ever get this figured out? I ended up with the same wiring diagram as you after testing each wire, camera still doesn't work. I actually got it sort of working but very very slow data transfer rate, I wired it up to a male plug using the original Swann layout that you drew. Can't figure this out...

Upsidedown

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, I am new here, but I joined specifically for this same problem (except it was an NHD-885). Using the OP's pictures, I came to make it work (with POE!) using only 4 wires. I put them in the keystone jack as such:

Camera ---> Keystone
Red/White ---> Green
Orange ---> Orange

The remaining Black and Green wires I did nothing with. Plugged it into my POE switch and voila! It worked!

Hope this helps!
This one didn't work for me on the 865. When I plug it in, the white LED lights on the cam come on for a few seconds but no video or connection on the NVR.

stilsjx

n3wb
Reaction score
This one didn't work for me on the 865. When I plug it in, the white LED lights on the cam come on for a few seconds but no video or connection on the NVR.
Did you ever get this figured out?

We had an issue with a camera having the female plug end get damaged.

Some additional information:
The swann supplied patch cords only have 4 conductors in it, in pin locations 1,2,3,6. According to Pierogies, it looks like the camera needs the red/white hooked up also. Its clearly not using standard 568B pinouts.

Camera ---> Keystone
Red/White ---> Green
Orange ---> Orange
We had a similar issue with the motion sensing light coming on, but no video on a separate camera. we could see the camera was taking power from the NVR port for the deterrent light, but it wasn't turning on. We assigned it a static ip address, reset it to dynamic addressing, power cycled it, and the NVR picked the camera up. Cant explain that one. its like the firmware needed an update or something.

Upsidedown

n3wb
Reaction score
Confirmed, r-series works! What doesn't work is trying to put it on another Keystone type jack. After 300 attempts I think the cable coming out of the camera is stranded wire, I guess the Keystone jacks don't like stranded.

Put on a normal cat5e plug and works great. Will just have to use an inline coupler.