Suggestions for outside cams

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As a PI, I often think of options to set up a camera on property to view remotely or at the least, to record to a card and retrieve for viewing. Obviously, that means the camera has to be battery operated and if I want remote access, I need to connect somehow.

I've been using a trail cam for some surveillance tasks which has been fairly successful and even considered purchasing a trail cam with cellular for remote. The problems I encounter, at least with the specific cam I'm using, is field of view isn't wide enough, will only accept a 32G card, the need to retrieve card for viewing and if not near, a real PITA to drive for it, but mainly, it's not a very conspicuous option unless I can hide it in bushes and shrubs, which I have done. Though, in doing so, the occasional twig or leaf shakes and activates the motion. The good thing about this cam is battery life and video quality. Overall, I thought about going better with the current battery operated cams such as Ring, Arlo or whomever else, then using a portable WiFi and enclosing in a box, a fake birdhouse, fake electrical box or something along those lines. My eyes are getting googly from all the research I'm trying to accomplish in finding the right camera or blend. Therefore, I'm asking the experts and experienced in here if they have suggestions to how I can achieve this feat.

Thank you