Stumped with clones and ONVIF

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
OK, this one has me scratching my head and getting splinters for my trouble.

I have a couple of Dahua cameras that are clones that are used for specific motion detection jobs. They were giving me a lot of false triggers due to shadows moving with the wind. So I enabled IVS on the cameras and created some line crossing and intrusion zones. I shut off motion detection on the clones in BI and enabled "camera triggers" and "Get ONVIF" events. After a day I didn't have one trigger even though normal human, wildlife and vehicle traffic moved through those fields of view.

Long story short, just for a laugh, I shut off motion detection in the "Master" and switched it to the ONVIF/IVS setup and switched the clones off of ONVIF/IVS back onto BI motion detection. The Masters catch all the IVS events very reliably and the clones catch the BI motion events. It appears, at least to me, that a clone will not accept triggers from ONVIF events. This happened with both cameras, 5442T-AS and a 4231-ES.

Has anyone else seen this behavior in BI or I missing something obvious and having a senior or Norton Nork moment?