Strange spot on the footage

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a LaView ONE Dot 1080P Indoor WiFi Wireless Audio IP Camera for my garage. Last Sunday, I changed the my garage cam to a different IP and that's when I noticed there is this light in my garage cam when IR is on. Looks to be reflecting off the IR light off the camera and it seems like it comes with inside the Camera itself as the light is always appear in front of whatever object. But I just can't think of anything that can it to float around inside the camera.

I tried to located it and found nothing. Big 14mb file, might take a bit to load.

Last edited:

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When you are in the garage I take it that you can see the strange spot on the wall?
I can only see the floating light/strange spot in the cell phone via the camera if IR is turned on, there is nothing to see in person in day light or under light bulb.

Last edited:

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Joking aside, I would first try to find the direct of the light source. Keep lights off and move an object like a large disc or paper plate around it to see if you can somehow block the light and get it to shine on the plate and narrow it back to the source.

Additionally, is there anything reflecting near the light? I.e. flag pole, wind chimes outside the garage door, or something that might be reflecting?

Does this happen 24/7 or just during daylight?

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Additionally, is there anything reflecting near the light? I.e. flag pole, wind chimes outside the garage door, or something that might be reflecting?
No reflecting stuff near the light that I know of. No flat pole or wind chime outside the garage door.

Does this happen 24/7 or just during daylight?
Happens 24/7 day or night, doesn't matter.

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No reflecting stuff near the light that I know of. No flat pole or wind chime outside the garage door.

Happens 24/7 day or night, doesn't matter.

Interesting. Does it move in the same pattern or does it go randomly?

Does it always stay in the same general area?

Have you tried killing power to the garage but not the camera? Maybe run a long POE line to the cam from a different circuit.

Since you only see it during night vision maybe its an IR light but from what source who knows...

There must be something in there producing it...

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll guess it's a lens artifact of some sort. I can't get your last video to play, but that's the only reasonable explanation other than aliens or a wandering "spirit". Try a different camera is my best advice or, move that one somewhere else and see if it goes away.

Last edited:

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have the right idea, but get a larger piece of cardboard and see if you can "catch" the spot before it hits the wall and walk it back to its source. If it goes back to the camera, then it is internal to the camera, but I don't know what would be moving around that much without any focusing or other movement.