Start recording on orange object rectangles instead or red: Possible ?

Reaction score
Hi,
Is there a way to tell Blue Iris to start recording on orange object rectangles?

With my current settings, I often see someone passing by quickly, I see an orange rectangle, so the motion detection works well. But, Blue Iris only starts recording on red object rectangles.
Would be nice if we could just tell Blue Iris to start recording on orange object rectangles.

I cannot set the Min. object size and Min. contrast more to the left, since at night there's a lot of "moving artifacts" on the images (older cameras with not so good night vision), and it triggers motion. If I leave sensitivity to default, the motion sensing is normal in low light.

I do set Min. duration to 0 for all cameras.

1669340304487.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Switching to simple algorithm at night will help trigger more, but it might also get a few more false.

Reaction score
Switching to simple algorithm at night will help trigger more, but it might also get a few more false.
Oh yeah. This gives me an idea. Is it possible to use Profiles to switch Motion Sensor settings at night?

I'd like to keep the default motion settings at night (min object size : 550 and min contrast : 40) but make the motion settings more sensitive during the day.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Absolutely. Set up Profile 1 for Day and Profile 2 for night and have it adjust based on sunrise/sunset!