Sricam SP012 ONVIF Complient IP Cam / Model Specific Question

djaa2807

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I just got this ip cam a week ago and saw there was no software that came with it for me to record the footage on PC and the instruction manual only mentioned about downloading the manufacturer's APP..,
So i did a l'il digging a found the cam was ONVIF compliant, what i saw was the following ONVIF Config and RTSP streams that worked for me on PC using iSpy:

ONVIF:

http://192.168.1.16:5000/onvif/device_service

RTSP STREAM 1 (MEDIUM DEFINITION -> 640 x 360):
Code:
----------------
DESCRIBE [B]rtsp://192.168.1.16:554/onvif1[/B] RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 1
Accept: application/sdp
------------------
RTSP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 421
v=0
o=- 1421069297525233 1 IN IP4 192.168.1.16
s=H.264 Video, RtspServer_0.0.0.2
t=0 0
a=tool:RtspServer_0.0.0.2
a=type:broadcast
a=control:*
a=range:npt=0-
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
b=AS:500
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
a=fmtp:96 packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=42001F;sprop-parameter-sets=Z0IAH5WoFAFuQA==,aM48gA==
a=control:track1
m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 8
a=control:track2
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
RTSP STREAM 2 (LOW DEFINITION -> 320 x 180):
Code:
----------------
DESCRIBE [B]rtsp://192.168.1.16:554/onvif2[/B] RTSP/1.0
Accept: application/sdp
------------------
RTSP/1.0 200 OK
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 421
v=0
o=- 1421069297525233 1 IN IP4 192.168.1.16
s=H.264 Video, RtspServer_0.0.0.2
t=0 0
a=tool:RtspServer_0.0.0.2
a=type:broadcast
a=control:*
a=range:npt=0-
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
b=AS:500
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
a=fmtp:96 packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=42001F;sprop-parameter-sets=Z0IAH5WoFAFuQA==,aM48gA==
a=control:track1
m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 8
a=control:track2
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
There is only one big issue though, i am unable to access the HD stream of "1280 x 720", i can find that option only in the OFFICIAL App (Sricam)..
If anybody here knows how to access the HD Stream using RTSP or any other way ON PC, please let us know..

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If anybody here knows how to access the HD Stream using RTSP or any other way ON PC, please let us know
Variable results, it seems. Not a good IPC example, this brand and model.
Other software, like VLC, can use the RTSP stream:
rtsp://ipcam:554/onvif1 for HD (1280 x 738)
Note: Several users reported being unable to get the HD stream through RTSP. I'm puzzled as to why their camera gives different results than my sample, which streams in HD (bitrate up to 1200kbps) using fw v.14.00.00.52/HardwareId 2.1.

You might get some better info from the camera if you query it with the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Given some valid logon credentials for the camera (upper left of the window), ODM should show you the detail of the video source and the available encoded streams (Profiles), as well as the RTSP URL (Live Video).

djaa2807

n3wb
Reaction score
You might get some better info from the camera if you query it with the very good Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' from sourceforge.net
Good tool, it seems the camera only enumerates rtsp stream for 640x360 with onvif, no luck going that way.
I did some more digging, it seems the camera is using a custom udp based protocol for the 720p stream on port 51880.
Looks like i may need to go the hard way and reverse engineer the app/protocol and build my own rtsp streamer from there to be able to catch it from iSpy or maybe fiddle with ispy to make it work (maybe plugins) idk.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like i may need to go the hard way and reverse engineer the app/protocol and build my own rtsp streamer from there to be able to catch it from iSpy or maybe fiddle with ispy to make it work (maybe plugins) idk.
really? for a $20 pice of shit camera? trash it, if you got that much free time.. get a job, then you can afford nice cameras

djaa2807

n3wb
Reaction score
really? for a $20 pice of shit camera? trash it, if you got that much free time.. get a job, then you can afford nice cameras
Its just for fun, i like tinkering with things, breaking things and making things do stuff they were never supposed to do.
I also have a job, but due to where i live currently (3rd world) i am not being paid enough for my particular skillset, which is why i don't get to spend a lot on things i want to try for fun.

Pugwash

n3wb
Reaction score
I did come port capturing of my SRICAM (I think it's the SP006 but who knows?) and it also has UDP traffic on 51880. I can get 720p rtsp on 554 but the onvif is not working and I have no pan/tilt access from blueiris, only from the phone app.
contacted the seller and they reckon I should get onvif on port 5000, but this is not happening.

Reaction score
I did come port capturing of my SRICAM (I think it's the SP006 but who knows?) and it also has UDP traffic on 51880. I can get 720p rtsp on 554 but the onvif is not working and I have no pan/tilt access from blueiris, only from the phone app.
contacted the seller and they reckon I should get onvif on port 5000, but this is not happening.
Did you ever get anywhere with the 720p stream? I have the SP015 model and likewise onvif only has 360p and 180p.

horatiog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've also bought a SriCam SP012 and, stupidly got the app to upgrade my firmware from whatever it was (I didn't notice) to 21.0.0.23. (I carried out the firmware upgrade to try and stop the app crashing my Samsung S4 phone all the time as soon as I got too busy with the Pan & Tilt) As with other folk on this forum, immediately after the firmware upgrade, I lost my 720p stream on rtsp. More in hope than expectation, I emailed support at SriCam and, amazingly, got a reply the next morning. In the email was provided a "new" version of the firmware (still marked up as 21.0.0.23 but as revision 4559), the software tool to upgrade the firmware onto the camera and an AVI to show how to use the tool. (All the buttons and menus in the tool are in Chinese, so you have to follow the AVI as to what to do. Watch it a few times and you should get it.) Again, more in hope than expectation, I thought I would "re-upgrade" my firmware, using this tool. All went well and, ta-da, my 720p streaming on rtsp was re-instated! This is verified by Onifer (my new android app - I've abandoned the native SriCam app), and by VLC. So, my experience of SriCam support was positive; a quick & effective resolution. My guess is that there was a bug in original 21.0.0.23 version and they've fixed it under the same version number but as a revision (4559). Here's the link to the three items they sent me:

Tool: QQ邮箱中转站文件

AVI: QQ邮箱中转站文件

21.0.0.23 (4559) Firmware: QQ邮箱中转站文件

Hope this helps others. If these links don't work (or stop working in the future), send me a message and I'll re-upload the components to some file sharing platform and re-share the links again.

Cheers,
H.

Eyepee

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks

U r life saver

But can u explain more detail on hoe to i do it.

Wat app fo i used the attachment ir tool

Thanks again

Kim

horatiog

n3wb
Reaction score
As per my PM, unzip and watch the AVI (see link above) and mimic every move that is carried out in that movie. You need to know which folder on your computer you have downloaded the new firmware (bin file) to and then select this file from that folder as it shows in the AVI.

egidonas

n3wb
Reaction score
horatiog,
I get this message when trying to download:
"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Can you upload files to another place ?
Thank you.

horatiog

n3wb
Reaction score
OK folks. Have just been helping somebody via private messaging on this forum. My bin file that I sent him directly (because he couldn't access the links) wasn't working for him. It was causing the tool to throw up an error when applying the bin. (Only problem was, the error message was in Mandarin so we didn't know what it meant!) SriCam Support were very responsive and sent him a new bin file pretty quickly. Maybe my own bin file had been corrupted in onward transmission to the guy I was helpng; maybe the problem was because I had renamed the bin file from the Mandarin (?) name it had been given; maybe SriCam sent him a new bin build completely? Anyhow, I have asked the guy to repost his bin file on this discussion thread.

Eyepee

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank horatiog for helping me and sending the File

but I think it was outdated, so I contact Sricam myself and within an Day.

I have received response and File to update the Camera.

The file Sricam is the same as horatiog but it has chinese writing shown.

anyway my Sp012 is displaying 720p like before and I will update sp013 soon

here the file that you need
I didn't upload the Instruction Video cos it here already

and if it doesn.t work for you.
pls contact Sricam and they will send you an updated File

Attachments

Reaction score
Could you post the MD5 for the bin file? I'm getting an MD5 fail message when running. My bin file shows MD5:04C6F8832DFAE5342FECC13F63265CBE

horatiog

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes - that's the MD5 I get as well. Maybe try reinstalling the tool instead? Or contact Sricam support - they seem to be quite responsive at the moment.