Software Help

Reaction score
Hi. New member, so go easy :)

Recently purchased a JideTech 5MP PTZ Camera (). Pretty sure this camera is sold as a few other brands too.

I have installed HiP2P Software version 6.5.2.4 on both my laptop and my desktop PC. On my laptop it works fine, however, on my desktop PC (which has multiple monitors) whilst it connects to the camera fine, it never shows under "Current Screen" and this means i cannot actually view the camera even though its connected. I wondered if anyone has had similar issues and knows of a resolution? I tried some older versions of the software to no avail!

Any help appreciated!

1674475443545.png

Reaction score
Also wondered if there was a different bit of software i could use that can connect to the UID of the camera without the need of any port forwarding on my firewall?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Flintstone61 is our JideTech expert

It isn't the software regarding viewing it. You need to secure your network. Unless this camera is cloud based and requires an internet connection, at which point you are screwed.

Reaction score
Sorry not sure i really understand your response? FYI I am a network engineer, so fully comfortable either setting up a VPN or opening ports on our corporate firewall, but that is not the issue.

The software works fine on my laptop and i can view the camera (i have not needed to forward any ports as it uses the cloud and UID Of the camera to connect).

The issue is with the software on my PC. It connects to the camera fine, but once connected it should show under "Current Screen" but does not. It does show under "Current screen" on my laptop.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Since the Jidetech is most likely a Rebranded Hikvision, it might work with Hikvision Client software

1674479036603.png

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Also wondered if there was a different bit of software i could use that can connect to the UID of the camera without the need of any port forwarding on my firewall?
"Eliminating the need for port forwarding" is accomplished through setting up a VPN

Sorry not sure i really understand your response? FYI I am a network engineer, so fully comfortable either setting up a VPN or opening ports on our corporate firewall, but that is not the issue.

SNIP
It IS the issue, based on your own question (see first quote of this post)

Reaction score
The issue in my first question was resolved by updating the p2p Client Software to 6.5.3.3. It was a software issue and not related to security.

However, i do accept and not your comments that using P2P and UID's are not secure and there are more secure ways of accessing the cameras

Thanks.

Reaction score
Actually with this in mind can you recommend a ONVIF or RTSP Camera Viewer Software for Windows 10 that we will use over a VPN instead of using UID/p2p?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Try using the client software suggested by @Flintstone61. Once you have successfully tested connectivity via the LAN, set-up and utilize VPN method for connectivity from the Internet with the device running the ivms-4200 client

Reaction score
I cannot get iVMS-4200 working using RTSP or ONVIF with this camera. I either get:

Buffer to small
or
Tranmission failed

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you getting the failed results with ivms on both the desktop and the laptop?

Reaction score
Think we are confusing issues. The original issue where i mentioned it was fine on laptop but not on desktop is resolved by updating the software on my desktop.

Both machines are now working fine with original software. Both machines are on the same LAN, can access the camera directly in browser and using other ONVIF Software. Just not using IVMS

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Think we are confusing issues. The original issue where i mentioned it was fine on laptop but not on desktop is resolved by updating the software on my desktop.

Both machines are now working fine with original software. Both machines are on the same LAN, can access the camera directly in browser and using other ONVIF Software. Just not using IVMS
When installing and configuring the original software (HiP2P), did you enter the IP address of the device (camera) as part of the process?

Is it possible to isolate the laptop from the Internet (but not the LAN) to test whether or not the HiP2P software is accessing the camera directly vs via the Internet?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Being a single camera scenario, some members have used VLC for RTSP access. The syntax of the URL can be not so straightforward though. I've seen it very from one manufacture to the next as well as within the different models of a single manufacturer. Hopefully others here can offer some suggestions for RTSP syntax.

Can you access the camera directly via web browser and the cameras' IP address?